Hello everybody, myself Ashish.
    I am new to this forum & not yet using a BB.
    I have an iOs & an Android device, i was planning to get a passport, but unfortunately i use WhatsApp a lot, & going thru the forums i am under the impression that in any case WhatsApp wud not be working smoothly on a bb10 device.
    So i shifted focus to dtek50.
    Again going thru the forums, i read the comments of some experienced bb10 users, and i hav understood form them that Android Blackberry can never b made as secure as a bb10 device. At least not until the Android N comes up.
    This gave rise to a question in my mind -
    If GSMK, Blackphone, Boeing phone & GranitePhone SIKUR make the devices secure with Android M, why can't BlackBerry do it?
    I haven't used any of these phones, neither have i used a Bb10, but i am close to a few ppl using Bb & i have operated their phones for quite some while, an thus hav a little idea of the bb10 features.
    Please do let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-10-16 09:35 AM
    BlackBerry has hardened MM as well. They are only saying that it will not be as secure as BB10 until BlackBerry hardened Nougat comes out. It doesn't mean the other ones you listed are any better.
    08-10-16 09:43 AM
    Not to mention I'm assuming you're not using "One of those other "Secure" Android's" so the DTEK50 will be much better than what you are currently using.
    08-10-16 09:50 AM
    Not to mention I'm assuming you're not using "One of those other "Secure" Android's" so the DTEK50 will be much better than what you are currently using.
    Obviously not, not dat rich as to buy em, m most probably gonna buy dtek50 after selling of the Android.

08-10-16 09:57 AM
    Hello everybody, myself Ashish.
    I am new to this forum & not yet using a BB.
    I have an iOs & an Android device, i was planning to get a passport, but unfortunately i use WhatsApp a lot, & going thru the forums i am under the impression that in any case WhatsApp wud not be working smoothly on a bb10 device.
    So i shifted focus to dtek50.
    Again going thru the forums, i read the comments of some experienced bb10 users, and i hav understood form them that Android Blackberry can never b made as secure as a bb10 device. At least not until the Android N comes up.
    This gave rise to a question in my mind -
    If GSMK, Blackphone, Boeing phone & GranitePhone SIKUR make the devices secure with Android M, why can't BlackBerry do it?
    I haven't used any of these phones, neither have i used a Bb10, but i am close to a few ppl using Bb & i have operated their phones for quite some while, an thus hav a little idea of the bb10 features.
    Please do let me know your thoughts.
    Thanks.

You are correct in your caution about buying a BB10 device if Whatsapp is a priority for you. I do have the Android version of the app working well on my Classic, however it is not quite as smooth nor as integrated as the BB10 version of the app was. It is sufficient for now, at least.

As far as the DTEK50, it looks to be a great phone. It is probably not as secure as a BB10 can be... but neither is Blackphone or the others that you mentioned. In an article, "Silent Circle says it has the advantage over BlackBerry is its "zero-knowledge" approach to user data. It can't see your data, ever, unlike -- so the Blackphone maker claims -- BlackBerry can, which has in recent years appeased governments by offering access to portions of its users' communications."

"Almost every product we make, makes it impossible for us to play any role even when forced by law enforcement or governments," said Aguera.

(http://www.zdnet.com/product/silent-...-blackphone-2/)

Really, the BlackBerry Android phones are just as secure as Blackphone for any privacy or security needs that a consumer or business has. Also, the DTEK50 comes in at less than half the price of the competition with some really useful software value-adds from BlackBerry so that seems like a no-brainer to me.
    blackmass likes this.
    08-10-16 10:04 AM
    I've had no problems with Whatsapp on BB10, but there's not much point for you to consider a new BB10 phone since Whatsapp has announced that it will not work with BB10 devices after December 31, 2016.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 02:48 PM