Did BlackBerry implement it's swipe features of BB10 into it's Android phones? Are you able to customize the Hub like you can in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 06:19 PM
    If you're referring to pinch gesture for email (eg all flagged) then it doesn't look like it to me. I'm gutted! I've used that feature a lot on my Z30 and I haven't found a short cut to replace it yet. Ugh!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-18-16 02:49 AM
    Should have said on my new DTEK50, of course.

08-18-16 02:51 AM
    The pinch gesture is now available on the hub with the latest update and it is possible to customize the hub.

STV 100-1 AAG111
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-18-16 03:03 AM
    I've got build AAG124 and it's not on my DTEK50 (European UK). But what I have just discovered is that I can access flagged etc via the drop down from the email account name at the top - so for me, that'll do nicely! But - I'll say it again - I can't find any reference to pinch gesture in my hub settings. It's not there - unless it's hidden in some obscure gesture.

08-18-16 04:47 AM
    They need to do something like News Magazine (Flipboard) type in Samsung. It appears when you swipe from the left.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 04:51 AM
    Did BlackBerry implement it's swipe features of BB10 into it's Android phones? Are you able to customize the Hub like you can in BB10?

Posted via CB10
    I HAVE had some intermittent weird swipes happen. Accidentally from right to left or right down at an angle left turns the screen off sometimes. ??!?!
    I've got build AAG124 and it's not on my DTEK50 (European UK). But what I have just discovered is that I can access flagged etc via the drop down from the email account name at the top - so for me, that'll do nicely! But - I'll say it again - I can't find any reference to pinch gesture in my hub settings. It's not there - unless it's hidden in some obscure gesture.

They need to do something like News Magazine (Flipboard) type in Samsung. It appears when you swipe from the left.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 09:08 AM

You need to update the Hub and all other BlackBerry apps via the Play Store. They won't show up as available updates. You need to search for them individually.

OP: a lot of swipe gestures are implemented on the DTEK. Some are BB's own, some are Android native. There will be a bit of getting use to. Once gotten use to it, the DTEK is every bit as efficient as BB10. And I have become less dependent on the Hub as I can do a lot with Android notifications, not through the Hub.
    08-18-16 09:37 AM
    You need to update the Hub and all other BlackBerry apps via the Play Store. They won't show up as available updates. You need to search for them individually.

OP: a lot of swipe gestures are implemented on the DTEK. Some are BB's own, some are Android native. There will be a bit of getting use to. Once gotten use to it, the DTEK is every bit as efficient as BB10. And I have become less dependent on the Hub as I can do a lot with Android notifications, not through the Hub.
    Can you list some of the Android specific ones that you use? I'm coming from BB10 and I'm still trying to adjust.

08-18-16 09:46 AM
    That's cool YeemanBB, thanks. I guess, now I think about it, the Play Store is an obvious place to search for updates. But why has the update been kept so quiet? Or, did I miss something?

08-18-16 11:11 AM
    That's cool YeemanBB, thanks. I guess, now I think about it, the Play Store is an obvious place to search for updates. But why has the update been kept so quiet? Or, did I miss something?

It's all over the forums. Do you have Google play set to auto update?

08-18-16 11:13 AM
    It's all over the forums. Do you have Google play set to auto update?

I don't spend my life in the forums, I confess, but 'now' I've got Play Store on auto update. Thanks for the tip.

08-18-16 11:28 AM
    Can you list some of the Android specific ones that you use? I'm coming from BB10 and I'm still trying to adjust.

For example, BlackBerry added a swipe shortcut feature that let you swipe straight up, up to the right, or up to the left from the home button. You can set different action to each of these three gesture. I set mine swiping straight up to launch the Hub, up to the right to add a note, up to the left to add an calendar item. This feature is available all the time.

To close a running app, Android gestures are to tap the square button on the bottom right of the screen to get to the "active frame" and swipe the app you want to close to the right. I find this to be the hardest to adjust as these two steps are exactly opposite to the BB10's gesture. I instantly swipe first and launch the Hub instead.

Also want to note that the gestures in the DTEK Hub have different effects than those in the BB10 Hub. For example, swiping left result in the Hub item being deleted. Not only this gesture is different from BB10, it is also inconsistent with the rest of Android which requires you to swipe right to delete an item in the notification centre or the "active frame" . The good news is that all the gestures in the BB VKB is the same as the BB10's.
    08-18-16 11:54 AM
    Hi YeemanBB. How do you change the three hub button swipe settings? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but, after searching for too long, can't find it. Thanks

08-18-16 03:00 PM
    I don't spend my life in the forums, I confess, but 'now' I've got Play Store on auto update. Thanks for the tip.

Oh didn't mean that to sound like you should be. I was just stating that it is.

08-18-16 03:56 PM
    Oh didn't mean that to sound like you should be. I was just stating that it is.

Neither had I intended it should sound critical - just that I hadn't spotted it - selective attention, perhaps. Anyway, quits! Have a good day - what's left of it. Cheers!

08-18-16 04:07 PM
    For example, BlackBerry added a swipe shortcut feature that let you swipe straight up, up to the right, or up to the left from the home button. You can set different action to each of these three gesture. I set mine swiping straight up to launch the Hub, up to the right to add a note, up to the left to add an calendar item. This feature is available all the time.

To close a running app, Android gestures are to tap the square button on the bottom right of the screen to get to the "active frame" and swipe the app you want to close to the right. I find this to be the hardest to adjust as these two steps are exactly opposite to the BB10's gesture. I instantly swipe first and launch the Hub instead.

Also want to note that the gestures in the DTEK Hub have different effects than those in the BB10 Hub. For example, swiping left result in the Hub item being deleted. Not only this gesture is different from BB10, it is also inconsistent with the rest of Android which requires you to swipe right to delete an item in the notification centre or the "active frame" . The good news is that all the gestures in the BB VKB is the same as the BB10's.
    Got you I know these and haven't gotten used to the square... I keep swipping up trying to get to the home screen

08-18-16 05:12 PM
    No..sad. Just sad!

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    08-18-16 06:00 PM
    Hi YeemanBB. How do you change the three hub button swipe settings? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but, after searching for too long, can't find it. Thanks

- Swipe down with two fingers from top of phone
    - tap the settings icon (top right) "cog"
    - tap the swipe shortcuts
    - tap an icon and clear it
    - pick an application and change it

Here are mine

STV 100-1 AAG111
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Swipe Features-67339.jpg  
    08-19-16 03:23 AM
    Thanks Arabianhorse. That just seems so obvious now. I knew I'd seen it somewhere. Didn't occur to me to check the logical place. Embarrassing! Cheers

08-19-16 09:36 AM