Hi
    do you still get blackberry maps with the priv or dtek50 ?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 04:40 PM
    Hi
    do you still get blackberry maps with the priv or dtek50 ?

Posted via CB10
    No, Google Maps

Posted via my DTEK50
    08-16-16 04:44 PM
    No more voice saying "getting route" lol

Posted via CB10
    anon(580947) likes this.
    08-16-16 04:45 PM
    Why would you want it?
    08-16-16 07:06 PM
    Why would you want it?
    No kidding why in the world would you want that? Google maps or Waze are what I use for Nov.

Posted via DTEK50
    08-16-16 07:38 PM
    I just use it everyday with my q10. I got all my saved address.low battery use...etc..

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-16-16 08:49 PM
    No more lol but once you use Google Maps and use it on a laptop /home computer / tablet/other phone as well and all of your saved addresses and even previously searched locations are shared on all devices where you can have looked up something on your laptop and send to your phone etc. Not to mentioned much better map software, I don't think you can miss BB maps.

Posted via DTEK50
    08-16-16 09:34 PM
    Awww man. Another down side to switching. I've tried Google maps but prefer Blackberry maps.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    08-16-16 09:39 PM
    Who are you ppl? Lol

Posted via DTEK50
    08-16-16 10:18 PM
    Me too. Still prefer Blackberry map. Did the same route with the same route option picked and Google map added about 20 mins!. Took me through unnecessary routes where Blackberry map could see it and cut through. Good job, I had both on so i was able to follow Blackberry map!

I'm hoping they bring BlackBerry map back on the DTek50...
    08-30-16 10:18 AM
    Me too. Still prefer Blackberry map. Did the same route with the same route option picked and Google map added about 20 mins!. Took me through unnecessary routes where Blackberry map could see it and cut through. Good job, I had both on so i was able to follow Blackberry map!

I'm hoping they bring BlackBerry map back on the DTek50...
    Sorry to break it to you, but that's not happening. They have core apps they'll bring over from BlackBerry 10 and maps ain't one of them.

I don't miss the 'getting route...' and the lengthy delay.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 10:22 AM
    No kidding why in the world would you want that? Google maps or Waze are what I use for Nov.

Posted via DTEK50
    Not a fan of BB maps, but the old BB Traffic was awesome...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    sethr likes this.
    08-30-16 11:24 AM
    Not a fan of BB maps, but the old BB Traffic was awesome...

There isn't anything that even comes close to BlackBerry Traffic for traffic avoidance routing, with at-a-glance traffic conditions for the entire route. But I do have a bit more confident with BlackBerry Maps routing than Google Maps in terms of traffic avoidance. With both BlackBerry apps not available, we are stuck with Google Maps or Waze or whatever people prefer.
    sethr likes this.
    08-30-16 11:59 AM
    There isn't anything that even comes close to BlackBerry Traffic for traffic avoidance routing, with at-a-glance traffic conditions for the entire route. But I do have a bit more confident with BlackBerry Maps routing than Google Maps in terms of traffic avoidance. With both BlackBerry apps not available, we are stuck with Google Maps or Waze or whatever people prefer.
    Well, google owns waze so there really is no competition for google there. No surprise... I remember back when companies were not allowed to have monopolies on things, lol.

08-30-16 01:46 PM
    TOMTOM is good it also move you around traffic jams when it finds out there is one. I use it allready on BlackBerry 10 and it save's me last time 25 minutes ofcourse I had a detour of 7-8 Kilometers but the traffic jam was all about a turned over truck load on the road that was blocked for at least 50 minutes.
    08-30-16 02:09 PM
    Look at Here Maps, Sygic, or Genius for offline
    08-30-16 02:13 PM
    I am currently feeling just the opposite regarding both of these opinions.

I have always luved BB Maps and have used it almost exclusively.

But....... last Friday we hit stop-n-go traffic that did no show up on BB Maps. Since I wasn't driving......boom..... I opened Goggle Maps and our location was red lined (green lined on BB Maps). That one event is going to have me checking both apps for a while to monitor differences and certainly has me second guessing traffic info on BB Maps.

Never had a routing problem with BB Maps though..... BB Maps has always done a great job for me (and that little voice always aggravates the crap out of my wife, sometimes I turn it on even when we know exactly where we're going...... my favorite part is "make a legal U-turn").
    08-30-16 03:30 PM