Why is the BlackBerry Hub so buggy on Android? My emails show I have unread messages yet none are showing in my inbox. Blocked text messages show up in the hub regardless.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 06:45 PM
    Have you updated everything through Google Play and ensured you're running the latest version of it all?
    08-30-16 09:42 PM
    Yes I did. Everything updated itself yesterday. The standard SMS app that BlackBerry uses is Google messenger and even if I block a number it still shows up in my text message inbox in the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 09:44 PM
    The blocked messages piece there isn't much we can do until Android N when they finally release proper platform level call and text blocking. The in app stuff doesn't extend into the platform enough. All the blocked messages are "still there" and other apps like Hub can't tell they're blocked.
    CDM76, brian4591 and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-30-16 09:57 PM
    The blocked messages piece there isn't much we can do until Android N when they finally release proper platform level call and text blocking. The in app stuff doesn't extend into the platform enough. All the blocked messages are "still there" and other apps like Hub can't tell they're blocked.
    Now that's good customer service! Thanks for the info

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-30-16 11:05 PM
    Why is the BlackBerry Hub so buggy on Android? My emails show I have unread messages yet none are showing in my inbox. Blocked text messages show up in the hub regardless.

Posted via CB10
    Just different code. And trying to integrate may be tough. It keeps updating.

I have two issues:
    Old, deleted messages occasionally show back up at the bottom (sorted by date.)

Yahoo Mail does NOT like the Hub and thinks it an "insecure" system trying to log in and rejects it. BKB is working on that one. I use the Yahoo app for now.
    08-31-16 10:01 AM
    You can add access for Hub in the yahoo Web portal. You just need to create a key or grant access.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-31-16 10:35 AM
    I think biggest drawback to the Android Hub is that can't send sms / email right from the app. It opens the messenger or Gmail apps which then have to be closed. If was integrated like on bb10, would be a much more useful app.

08-31-16 05:10 PM
    Why is the BlackBerry Hub so buggy on Android?
    I'm new to Blackberry so my experience with Hub is limited, but when synchronizing my Exchange account with Contacts, Calendar and Tasks, Contacts and Calendar worked as expected, but Tasks was unable to synchronize correctly. Although it downloaded some Task data, it was largely mixed and confused.

I don't know if it's a Blackberry Hub problem, but the Android app provided by my Exchange account provider works perfectly well, so I presume there might be an issue with the Blackberry app, since they are both doing essentially the same thing.
    08-31-16 07:41 PM
    I totally agree. It's kinda like what's the use?! Might as well just use the app itself rather than the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-31-16 07:42 PM
    I think biggest drawback to the Android Hub is that can't send sms / email right from the app. It opens the messenger or Gmail apps which then have to be closed. If was integrated like on bb10, would be a much more useful app.

It doesn't open Gmail. All email is done immediately through the Hub itself. Not sure how you managed to get into Gmail from Hub?
    08-31-16 10:02 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry so my experience with Hub is limited, but when synchronizing my Exchange account with Contacts, Calendar and Tasks, Contacts and Calendar worked as expected, but Tasks was unable to synchronize correctly. Although it downloaded some Task data, it was largely mixed and confused.

I don't know if it's a Blackberry Hub problem, but the Android app provided by my Exchange account provider works perfectly well, so I presume there might be an issue with the Blackberry app, since they are both doing essentially the same thing.
    What app are you using?
    08-31-16 10:03 PM
    You can add access for Hub in the yahoo Web portal. You just need to create a key or grant access.
    How does one grant access to the Hub? I can't seem to find that in the Yahoo Web portal settings.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-16 10:56 PM
    It doesn't open Gmail. All email is done immediately through the Hub itself. Not sure how you managed to get into Gmail from Hub?
    Not sure either. Just tried again and I stayed in the Hub. I'll have to play around a bit this week and try to figure out what happened.

09-01-16 12:56 AM
    I totally agree. It's kinda like what's the use?! Might as well just use the app itself rather than the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. And that's what I've been doing mostly. I also find some emails read in hub still shows as unread in Gmail app for a bit. Not major but interesting.

09-01-16 12:58 AM
    I like the Android Hub although it is not even near the quality of the BlackBerry 10 Hub.

The only thing I really hate is that it does not show your latest SENT WhatsApp

09-01-16 01:31 AM
    Added to http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eries-1046957/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-01-16 at 06:55 AM.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-01-16 02:13 AM
    I do not have any of your problems on my priv and I own priv for almost a year. perhaps you did something wrong with setup
    09-01-16 02:34 AM
    How does one grant access to the Hub? I can't seem to find that in the Yahoo Web portal settings.

1) Open yahoo mail on your desktop
    2) hit settings gear
    3) click account info
    4) click account security
    5) turn ON allow apps that use less secure sign in

That will allow Hub to access your yahoo mail without OAuth. You can turn that setting off again after you've added the account.
    09-01-16 08:41 AM
    What app are you using?
    I have an exchange account with www.ChaosHost.com that synchronizes my desktop contact manager/calendar/tasks Intellect with any exchange account interface like iPad contacts / calendar and/or their own Android apps

I enabled and configured Blackberry Hub for Chaoshost and the Hub Contacts and Calendar work fine, but Blackberry Hub Tasks failed miserably.

Steve
    09-01-16 09:30 AM
    1) Open yahoo mail on your desktop
    2) hit settings gear
    3) click account info
    4) click account security
    5) turn ON allow apps that use less secure sign in

That will allow Hub to access your yahoo mail without OAuth. You can turn that setting off again after you've added the account.
    Unfortunately, when I turn off allow apps that allow a less secure sign in (after turning it on), Yahoo blocks the sign in attempt and I can't send or receive email from that yahoo account. They also send an email saying the sign in attempt was prevented.

09-01-16 09:52 PM
    Unfortunately, when I turn off allow apps that allow a less secure sign in (after turning it on), Yahoo blocks the sign in attempt and I can't send or receive email from that yahoo account. They also send an email saying the sign in attempt was prevented.

Do they give you the option to allow it?
    09-01-16 11:51 PM
    Do they give you the option to allow it?
    Not sure what you mean.

The way I've gotten yahoo to work in the Hub for the last couple of weeks is to do what you described above.... Allow apps that use a less secure sign in. But when I toggle off that setting I cannot use Yahoo via the Hub. Yahoo prevents the DTEK50 from accessing yahoo via the Hub.

09-02-16 02:43 AM