I think it's the integration and testing that counts. It's also the regular security updates and their commitments to security.

Posted via CB10
    Security is not important to many people outside of government or enterprise unfortunately. If he thinks that Android is secure already, then obviously he's satisfied with that level of perceived security, so don't think you can convince him or others like him otherwise. Oh well, that's BB's job anyway, haha.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    sethr likes this.
    08-04-16 08:39 AM
    For the life of me, I cannot understand why the fingerprint sensor is such an issue...? Hasn't it been proven time and again, that fingerprint sensors can be easily defeated? How is that more secure? FP sensors are a gimmick and that's about it for their actual usefulness as far as security is concerned.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-05-16 10:58 AM
    In conclusion, people who have it find it useful and people who don't have it do not.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-05-16 11:45 AM
    In conclusion, people who have it find it useful and people who don't have it do not.
    Wrong. All of my friends who have phones with it do not use it except 2 of them. Sorry.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-05-16 12:03 PM
    Fingerprint and voice regonised security is done and easy to copy allready. So best is still a good old 16 digit password

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 02:56 PM
    I have it on my iPhone 6 and don't use it. I'd rather stick with a picture password and/or pin. Not a big fan of biometrics personally.

I think people are confusing security and convenience. Biometrics are convenient, for sure, but not necessarily secure. Of course, you can still be hacked using more conventional methods, but picture password is pretty darn good, imho.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm all for choice. The rumour is the Mercury will have biometrics and I think that's a great idea that BlackBerry will add it to their hardware lineup. I also think it was a smart move to add the ability to sign up for BBM using your phone number. I personally won't take advantage of either convenience but have no issues with people who choose to use them.
    08-05-16 05:21 PM
    So bottom line is that dtek is worth $100.
    08-05-16 07:29 PM
    So bottom line is that dtek is worth $100.
    Hardly, you're not including Productivity Edge (Software), BlackBerry VKB (Software), Hardened Linux Kernel, etc (Software), Double Tap to Wake (Software), Swipe Up on Widgets (Software), etc. Worth it, imho.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-05-16 07:45 PM
    Oh my God.. It's the end of the world as we know it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-05-16 07:49 PM
    You can't change your fingerprint. I personally think that biometrics is a horrible way to do it. It's not my idea of privacy.

Look at what that other fruit company is thinking about:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-p...nts-and-photo/

What could possibly go wrong? Lol

Attachment 407230

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    Last edited by jope28; 08-26-16 at 12:13 PM.
    08-26-16 11:50 AM
    You know that every fingerprint on an iphone is in hand of Israel and the US. They have a backdoor for a long time since 2013. So fingerprint or not it's also easy to copy. This is wat student do .

Best protection is a good code and not a single fingerprint for all
    08-26-16 12:15 PM
136 ... 456