so nothing can be done? its a dead phone now?
    Until a new autoloader comes out, although all mention of the DTEKs were scrubbed from the Priv autoloader page and there's no counterpart on the BlackBerry Mobile website.

You could try contacting BlackBerry support.
    10-16-17 09:32 PM
    may want to update your first post stating not to update over September release with May release
    Another user with same issue here https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ort=1508203510
    thurask likes this.
    10-16-17 09:33 PM
    Until a new autoloader comes out, although all mention of the DTEKs were scrubbed from the Priv autoloader page and there's no counterpart on the BlackBerry Mobile website.

You could try contacting BlackBerry support.
    ya i have a ticket# with them now, they are sending me shipping box to send it in
    10-16-17 09:51 PM
    ya i have a ticket# with them now, they are sending me shipping box to send it in
    Ask them for a link to the latest autoloader.
    10-16-17 11:25 PM
    Ask them for a link to the latest autoloader.
    i did and they said "iff its not on the website nothing i can do". front line.
    I have sent my ticket to a friend there to see if he can help
    10-17-17 06:26 AM
    dropped it off to a friend that works there, he is currently reloading it with latest OS.
    yep its a boot loader issue. One of the newer OS updates included a bootloader update. May autoloader cant run on this new bootloader.
    Noone should be loading the May autoloader on september OS. not sure how far back you can though.
    10-17-17 11:32 AM
    dropped it off to a friend that works there, he is currently reloading it with latest OS.
    yep its a boot loader issue. One of the newer OS updates included a bootloader update. May autoloader cant run on this new bootloader.
    Noone should be loading the May autoloader on september OS. not sure how far back you can though.
    Interesting. Wonder what newer autoloaders works with the new bootloader. Think that's a question for Thurask.
    10-17-17 11:37 AM
    Interesting. Wonder what newer autoloaders works with the new bootloader. Think that's a question for Thurask.
    So long as the newest autoloader we have is from May and definitely from before a bootloader update the distinction is academic. No autoloaders means no files to look around in on my part. Once whoever it is in charge of the DTEKs now releases an autoloader/mobile upgrade tool/sacred ritual/whatever, then that would work to revive devices.
    10-17-17 12:44 PM
    So long as the newest autoloader we have is from May and definitely from before a bootloader update the distinction is academic. No autoloaders means no files to look around in on my part. Once whoever it is in charge of the DTEKs now releases an autoloader/mobile upgrade tool/sacred ritual/whatever, then that would work to revive devices.
    yep cant do much without a release of an uptodate OS+Boot
    10-17-17 12:50 PM
    just got confirmation that he loaded AAO571 and its booting properly now.
    Just have to get it back form him.
    10-17-17 12:57 PM
    just got confirmation that he loaded AAO571 and its booting properly now.
    Just have to get it back form him.
    Ask him why the autoloaders aren't being posted. This could save everyone a lot of trouble.
    10-17-17 01:04 PM
    Ask him why the autoloaders aren't being posted. This could save everyone a lot of trouble.
    he says thats been transitioned to TCL and up to them now.
    10-17-17 01:27 PM
    Well that's the right answer.
    10-17-17 02:05 PM
    Well that's the right answer.
    I asked him to take it higher to advise they should release a version higher than current bootloader to the net for Dteks. Not sure what will happen but who knows. Worth a shot
    10-17-17 02:22 PM
    OK, just for clarity - to autoload a DTEK50 (i) go to Google Drive and download the latest available version of Marshmallow currently AAL135; (ii) unzip it; (iii) attach the device by USB cable; (iv) press flashall.bat and away you go. Yes? At (iii) do I need to worry whether it's attached in charge mode, or transfer media files mode, or ... ? Thank you.
    12-12-17 02:28 AM
    OK, just for clarity - to autoload a DTEK50 (i) go to Google Drive and download the latest available version of Marshmallow currently AAL135; (ii) unzip it; (iii) attach the device by USB cable; (iv) press flashall.bat and away you go. Yes? At (iii) do I need to worry whether it's attached in charge mode, or transfer media files mode, or ... ? Thank you.
    Do NOT use an autoloader on a DTEK50 or 60. They are too old and will brick your device.
    12-12-17 06:54 AM
    Do NOT use an autoloader on a DTEK50 or 60. They are too old and will brick your device.
    Wow. That's definitive. Thank you.
    (So why are the autoloaders up there and available on Google Drive? So fantastic for fresh starts on BB10, very easy for people - like me - to think they'll be equally effective for fresh starts on DTEKs .. ..)
    Anyway: thank you once again for protecting me from making a calamitous error.
    12-13-17 12:56 AM
    And basically, they don't give a rat's arse about Dteks, so the REAL answer is, there is NOT going to be any new autoloaders for Dtek's, and, the one they DO have, they are not going to make public, (to which you can draw your own conclusions) because they do not want the Dteks on their books, and would rather we bought their 'new' models, so are 'hiding' it from us!!
    12-14-17 02:12 PM
    You guys weren't kidding....that autoloader for DTEK50 to do a wipe, did not work (that was linked from the Blackberry dtek50 device support page to):
    https://ca.blackberry.com/support/sm...roid-OS-Reload

Here's a log snippet of the failed stuff.......notice the "size too large" error messages...

erasing 'cache'...
    OKAY [ 0.0s]
    sending 'cache' (10432 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.3s]
    writing 'cache'...
    FAILED (remote: size too large)
    finished. total time: 0.48s
    target reported max download size of 536000000 bytes
    erasing 'userdata'...
    OKAY [ 0.1s]
    sending 'userdata' (239110 KB)...
    OKAY [ 7.9s]
    writing 'userdata'...
    finished. total time: 8.1s
    (the 536M bytes was an approximation -zeroed out the exact size)

Silly to have to send the phones in, when posting an autoloader should work. Not to mention incredibly inconvenient. They need to post it, or post a fix for it.

The Failure of course leaves the phone stuck on the :
    BlackBerry Backup BootLoader Menu (with the 4 options 1[barcode]2[continue thebootup]3[reboot into fastboot]4[turn off the device], which end up doing nothing but returning you to the same menu).
    03-12-18 07:44 PM
    You guys weren't kidding....that autoloader for DTEK50 to do a wipe, did not work (that was linked from the Blackberry dtek50 device support page to):
    https://ca.blackberry.com/support/sm...roid-OS-Reload

Here's a log snippet of the failed stuff.......notice the "size too large" error messages...

erasing 'cache'...
    OKAY [ 0.0s]
    sending 'cache' (10432 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.3s]
    writing 'cache'...
    finished. total time: 0.48s
    erasing 'userdata'...
    OKAY [ 0.1s]
    sending 'userdata' (239110 KB)...
    OKAY [ 7.9s]
    writing 'userdata'...
    finished. total time: 8.1s
    (the 536M bytes was an approximation -zeroed out the exact size)

Silly to have to send the phones in, when posting an autoloader should work. Not to mention incredibly inconvenient. They need to post it, or post a fix for it.

The Failure of course leaves the phone stuck on the :
    BlackBerry Backup BootLoader Menu (with the 4 options 1[barcode]2[continue thebootup]3[reboot into fastboot]4[turn off the device], which end up doing nothing but returning you to the same menu).
    You can fix it ?
    03-14-18 10:58 PM
    No. But BBMobile apparently can. (authorized repair centre , if a warrantied device, whatever the specific terms of service are..., or for a fee, not sure of anyone's particulars or conditions and restrictions etc...)
    04-01-18 01:24 AM
    Good afternoon. Sorry for my bad English. My child did not sign out of GOOGLE account and decided to flash the phone. Firmware AAL135. Everything went without mistakes. But at the end of the firmware after the reboot constantly occurs BlackBerry Backup BootLoader Menu (with the 4 options 1[barcode]2[continue thebootup]3[reboot into fastboot]4[turn off the device], which end up doing nothing but returning you to the same menu). Whatever you do, it all comes back to the same menu. Then nothing happens. This menu occurs in any situation, after any flashing. Is it possible to solve this problem?
    05-17-18 06:17 AM
    Good afternoon. Sorry for my bad English. My child did not sign out of GOOGLE account and decided to flash the phone. Firmware AAL135. Everything went without mistakes. But at the end of the firmware after the reboot constantly occurs BlackBerry Backup BootLoader Menu (with the 4 options 1[barcode]2[continue thebootup]3[reboot into fastboot]4[turn off the device], which end up doing nothing but returning you to the same menu). Whatever you do, it all comes back to the same menu. Then nothing happens. This menu occurs in any situation, after any flashing. Is it possible to solve this problem?
    Read through the post. It's bricked. Need to send in for repair
    07-16-18 09:09 PM
    It is very sad, that BlackBerry do not support older models, and dont release any update((
    12-12-18 04:43 AM
    It is very sad, that BlackBerry do not support older models, and dont release any update((
    It got its 2 years of promised support.

New devices from BBMo get 3 years.
    12-12-18 11:59 AM
103 ... 2345