Pretty sad but this is the reality.
    What's reality?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-05-16 08:39 PM
    enjamin Franklin once said:

"Those who would give up essential security to purchase a little temporary spec, deserve neither security nor spec."

Posted via CB10
    auditman likes this.
    08-05-16 09:10 PM
    enjamin Franklin once said:

"Those who would give up essential security to purchase a little temporary spec, deserve neither security nor spec."

Posted via CB10
    Bravo

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    auditman likes this.
    08-05-16 09:22 PM
    Bravo

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    Of all the mascots BlackBerry could go with, he ain't a bad one, eh? They're certainly the most ethical of the bunch... ( also funny how liberty==security in tech ) .

I would hope BB would employ similar wit in their advertising and marketing. Someone with a twitter account please tweet that quote to Thurber? lol.

Posted v.ia CB10
    08-06-16 02:27 PM
    Dear all,
    as I said in title, please compare BB DTEK 50 with Alcatel Idol 4, where's the difference ?
    Step further, why to buy BB then ? Because of its name ?
    BB offers more security ? LOL
    As a salesmen for years, I know that if you have some new product to sell/offer you have to outstand from competition. With DTEK as a feature BB is trying to do that, will they have any success ? Doubt that !!
    This is not real BB, where's the physical keyboard. PKB is the only thing that makes BB different.
    This phone wasn't designed for the average consumer. It was designed in mind of the Corporate Accounts. Iphone, Galaxy, and Priv are all $500 plus dollar phones. The Dtek50 is $299. If I owned a company and wanted to save money then I would purchase the Dtek50 for my employees.

Posted via the Priv for Android
    krazyatom likes this.
    08-06-16 06:46 PM
    Chen destroyed this company. I can't even listen to him speaking, he is a terrible speaker.

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm, Sounds pretty racist - I hope you arent attacking him just because he is ethnically chinese
    08-17-16 08:05 PM
    This phone wasn't designed for the average consumer. It was designed in mind of the Corporate Accounts. Iphone, Galaxy, and Priv are all $500 plus dollar phones. The Dtek50 is $299. If I owned a company and wanted to save money then I would purchase the Dtek50 for my employees.

Posted via the Priv for Android
    Can I join your company
    krazyatom likes this.
    08-17-16 08:05 PM
    I guess dtek50 better suited for business and work related. I wish my iphone has security like dtek!
    08-17-16 08:13 PM
    Dear all,
    as I said in title, please compare BB DTEK 50 with Alcatel Idol 4, where's the difference ?
    As a salesmen for years, I know that if you have some new product to sell/offer you have to outstand from competition. With DTEK as a feature BB is trying to do that, will they have any success ? Doubt that !!
    This is not real BB, where's the physical keyboard. PKB is the only thing that makes BB different.
    Trolling

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    08-17-16 10:27 PM
    my last 7 blackberry phones have been any of them have had problems , my z10 has 3� years and hopefully not my last blackberry , prefer to buy a blackberry before alcatel , with blackberry has done very well
    08-18-16 08:00 AM
    Well this is the future of BlackBerry now, take other devices, put their brand and OS and sell like a BlackBerry devices...
    08-23-16 02:53 PM
    I'm still waiting for the update everyone else keeps talking about.
    Since it's not a carrier phone in the US yet, how does blackberry update some phones and not others??
    08-23-16 09:38 PM
    BlackBerry Android devices get monthly security patches on time,

Beating Expectations: Android Security Patching for PRIV | Inside BlackBerry
    Is that a fact? Hmmmm.
    08-23-16 09:39 PM
    According to spec sheets, the DTEK50 can accept higher capacity memory cards (2 TB vs 512 GB), I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware change.

Alcatel Idol 4 specs

DTEK50 Specs ? Specifications for Android BlackBerry Smartphone - Canada
    Hahaha. Hype! Ever seen a 2TB micro? Or even a 1TB.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    08-23-16 09:41 PM
    Dear all,
    People actually WILL buy the phone because of the BlackBerry name on it. Sadly a lot more people won't, just because of the name as well. Tech-enthused people that post of forums are definitely not representative of the majority who are the ones driving the current smartphone market. Most people just buy a Samsung or iPhone because that's what everyone else does. It's all about brand image now.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 01:33 AM
    will some1 kindly tell me as 2 which 1 to buy -
    dtek 50 / blackphone 2.
    or shud i wait for argon mercury with d Android N?
    Just my 2 cents: the Blackphone 1 was trash. I bought one expecting ridiculously good security and they couldn't be bothered patching it often. Specs were weak and it made me resent silent circle. You had to pay for their apps and they'd discontinue them with no notice. It was a joke. Never used a blackphone 2 but after the experience with a Blackphone one, I wouldn't want to.
    blackmass likes this.
    08-24-16 02:59 AM
    Is that a fact? Hmmmm.
    So far so good,

BlackBerry Becomes First Major Manufacturer to Patch QuadRooter Vulnerabilities | Inside BlackBerry

Hahaha. Hype! Ever seen a 2TB micro? Or even a 1TB.
    The spec for 2 TB cards has been around for a while, I don't think any have been mass produced yet though.
    08-24-16 10:16 AM
    I'm still waiting for the update everyone else keeps talking about.
    Since it's not a carrier phone in the US yet, how does blackberry update some phones and not others??
    Not sure if it make any difference, but have your DTEK50 connecting with WIFI only, and see if the update come down after reboot.
    08-24-16 01:04 PM
118 ... 345