Looking at putting the BB suite of apps on my backup phone when I noticed all the apps were in the play store except the keyboard app? Is the app Blackberry specific or will it become available when I do the $1.29/m subscription thing?

Seems pointless to subscribe to find out the BB keyboard isn't available and I can't use it with Password Keeper. Thanks.
    05-17-17 01:30 PM
    Keyboard is licensed by BlackBerry from Swiftkey... so don't think they are allowed to offer it.

Can be found http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/
    05-17-17 01:54 PM
    Looking at putting the BB suite of apps on my backup phone when I noticed all the apps were in the play store except the keyboard app? Is the app Blackberry specific or will it become available when I do the $1.29/m subscription thing?

Seems pointless to subscribe to find out the BB keyboard isn't available and I can't use it with Password Keeper. Thanks.
    See the first post here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/

Specifically, you need the BlackBerry Manager. That will allow you to install the keyboard.
    05-17-17 02:37 PM
    If you pay for the subscription, BlackBerry keyboard is included. My wife has the subscription on her S6 and it works great.
    05-21-17 06:33 PM
    If you pay for the subscription, BlackBerry keyboard is included. My wife has the subscription on her S6 and it works great.
    That's great. I'm waiting for the 30 days to expire to see how much advertising there is and if I can stand it. If I can't I'll definitely pay. The keyboard app was the deal breaker.
    05-21-17 06:55 PM
    I'm trying to find something to support that, but can't. Do you have a reference you can share?
    05-21-17 08:40 PM
    Yes, my reference is that we pay .99/mo for BlackBerry Services on my wife's phone and she gets hub, keyboard, password keeper, calendar, etc. You get everything when you pay....hard to believe, I know.
    05-21-17 08:45 PM
    I'm trying to find something to support that, but can't. Do you have a reference you can share?
    I just asked my wife about her S6. She had Cobalt's APK files loaded prior to subscribing. So, if BlackBerry keyboard is not included with services, then that's how she got it.
    05-21-17 09:07 PM
    I just asked my wife about her S6. She had Cobalt's APK files loaded prior to subscribing. So, if BlackBerry keyboard is not included with services, then that's how she got it.
    That's how she got it. I have the BB Hub+ subscription on a Galaxy S8+. It doesn't include the keyboard.
    05-21-17 10:03 PM
    That's how she got it. I have the BB Hub+ subscription on a Galaxy S8+. It doesn't include the keyboard.
    Mystery solved! If you have a non-bb phone, you have to install the keyboard APK to get the keyboard.
    05-21-17 10:06 PM
    Ok so I'm a little confused here. If I subscribe I don't get the keyboard app and have to install it from somewhere...(Cobalt?). If I don't subscribe and install all of Cobalt's apps I do get the keyboard app? Do I need to uninstall all the BB apps before I can install the Cobalt apps? Phew! Lol. TIA!

And why wouldn't Blackberry include the keyboard app with the subscription???.
    05-21-17 10:52 PM
    Ok so I'm a little confused here. If I subscribe I don't get the keyboard app and have to install it from somewhere...(Cobalt?). If I don't subscribe and install all of Cobalt's apps I do get the keyboard app? Do I need to uninstall all the BB apps before I can install the Cobalt apps? Phew! Lol. TIA!

And why wouldn't Blackberry include the keyboard app with the subscription???.
    If you want the Hub+ Suite, you install that from Google Play Store. If you want the keyboard you install that from Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager. You can do either or both. Order of installation doesn't matter.

The keyboard isn't a PIM app, it's more like a part of the BlackBerry Android OS. It hasn't been stated, but it's likely that, as the BlackBerry keyboard is based on the SwiftKey keyboard, BlackBerry is licensed to use it but not resell it.
    05-22-17 12:47 AM
    If you want the Hub+ Suite, you install that from Google Play Store. If you want the keyboard you install that from Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager. You can do either or both. Order of installation doesn't matter.

The keyboard isn't a PIM app, it's more like a part of the BlackBerry Android OS. It hasn't been stated, but it's likely that, as the BlackBerry keyboard is based on the SwiftKey keyboard, BlackBerry is licensed to use it but not resell it.
    Just downloaded the cobalt apk onto my 2013 nexus 7. The keyboard is like an old friend. No problems with setting up or downloading.
    05-22-17 05:44 AM
    As someone stated above I believe it's a licensing issue for the BlackBerry keyboard. They're likely unable to offer it through the suite. It can still be found through BlackBerry manager from Cobalt. Definitely love the keyboard.
    05-22-17 08:04 AM

Thanks for the clarification.
    05-22-17 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the clarification.
    No problemo.

There does seem to be a fair bit of confusion about these.
    05-22-17 01:59 PM