So After the September update, my battery percentage isn't always accurate. It will appear to be draining fast. I plug it in and it doesn't charge. I do a reboot and then my battery is 20% lower than it was before the reboot. But then it charges fine. This has happened several times since the September patch came out.

Any suggestions or solutions?
    09-19-17 08:25 AM
    With my Droid, I'd usually get a quarterly security update super patch.... most every time I'd end up doing a Factory Reset.

Maybe wait and see if others have the issue before you do something so drastic...
    09-19-17 08:40 AM
    So After the September update, my battery percentage isn't always accurate. It will appear to be draining fast. I plug it in and it doesn't charge. I do a reboot and then my battery is 20% lower than it was before the reboot. But then it charges fine. This has happened several times since the September patch came out.

So did you install any new apps after the September update?

As I have made sure that apps which take my location all the time are mostly off. That saves me so much better.

Literally leave the phone at 90% at night and 8 hours later the phone is hovering near 85%. Amazing.

Sent from my STH100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-19-17 08:41 AM

Sounds like a battery calibration issue that I don't think is related to the security updates. Have you had this happen before? I could talk about battery re calibration but that's best done when you first get your phone so I don't know how well it could work now. It's proven to work well for me with all my phones and I swear by it.
    09-19-17 08:50 AM
    Sounds like a battery calibration issue that I don't think is related to the security updates. Have you had this happen before? I could talk about battery re calibration but that's best done when you first get your phone so I don't know how well it could work now. It's proven to work well for me with all my phones and I swear by it.
    Thanks! No never before. I charged it. Unplugged it and turned phone off and plugged it back in. It was reading 100% when I turned it off, then when I powered off and plugged charger in, was reading 89%. So I charged it to 100% and then powered back on.

Down to 71% after steady usage. Will let it die completely before I charge it again. Thanks for the suggestion I hope it works!
    09-19-17 05:37 PM
    Thanks! No never before. I charged it. Unplugged it and turned phone off and plugged it back in. It was reading 100% when I turned it off, then when I powered off and plugged charger in, was reading 89%. So I charged it to 100% and then powered back on.

Down to 71% after steady usage. Will let it die completely before I charge it again. Thanks for the suggestion I hope it works!
    Do it a second time if you can. The results will be better.
    09-19-17 05:41 PM
    So I did the calibration without the factory reset. It worked like a charm and my battery will get me through a day of solid usage!
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    09-23-17 07:04 AM
    So I did the calibration without the factory reset. It worked like a charm and my battery will get me through a day of solid usage!
    My battery is draining fast too now and I don't know why.
    Don't know if it's normal but cell standby is always, 50-60%.. Is this normal?

And one more question how do I recalibrate battery? Down to 0% and then charge till 100?
    Thanks
    09-23-17 07:37 AM
    My battery is draining fast too now and I don't know why.
    Don't know if it's normal but cell standby is always, 50-60%.. Is this normal?

And one more question how do I recalibrate battery? Down to 0% and then charge till 100?
    Thanks
    Yes. 2-3x
    09-23-17 07:39 AM
    Yes. 2-3x
    Thank you. I found on Internet a tutorial and yes it says that.

1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.

2. Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.

3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.

4. Unplug your charger.

5. Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicator won't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.

6. Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.

7. Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without it being plugged in.

8. Now, let your battery discharge all the way down to 0 percent and let your phone turn off again.

9. Fully charge the battery one more time without interruption and you should have reset the Android system's battery percentage.
    09-23-17 07:45 AM
    09-23-17 09:31 AM
    If this isn't already a sticky somewhere it should be. Would solve so many battery problems with people's phones.
    09-23-17 03:25 PM