I reluctantly had to give up my Classic and move to an Android phone.

How can I back-up an Android Blackberry device without using Google cloud services? I don't use apps so app content is not a concern. I am looking for a product like BB Link or Desktop that will back-up contacts, calendar, and content. Samsung has something called Switch that does this.

I have had it with Google's privacy abuses and I no longer have any Google accounts, nor will I open one up. I stripped everything from the DTEK that requires a Google log-in. I would like local storage rather than give all my content to Google

One link I found gives instructions to the Android SDK, but that is outside my SW skill level
    11-27-18 02:24 PM

One link I found gives instructions to the Android SDK, but that is outside my SW skill level
    If one truly wants to avoid Google, doesn’t using Android SDK technically conflict this preference?
    11-27-18 04:44 PM

How can I back-up an Android Blackberry device without using Google cloud services? I don't use apps so app content is not a concern. I am looking for a product like BB Link or Desktop that will back-up contacts, calendar, and content. Samsung has something called Switch that does this.

I have had it with Google's privacy abuses and I no longer have any Google accounts, nor will I open one up. I stripped everything from the DTEK that requires a Google log-in. I would like local storage rather than give all my content to Google

Just plug your device in (choose file transfer) and Drag and drop the files into a folder on your PC. You can move your pics, videos, files, and for contacts, just export them and there will be a csv. file save on your device that you can also move to your PC. You would then be required to import that file into contacts app when you need it. As for calendar, mine are usually tied to an email account so no need to back them up.
    11-27-18 04:52 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I have done that for photos and know the process. But what about contacts? Where is the file located? The file folders I see are: Alarms, Android, DCIM, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts, Ringtones. Looking through many (all?) of them, I don't see where contacts reside. I have hundreds of numbers in my phone and I would like to back them up. When Link stopped working on my BB10 devices, I assumed a similar application would be available for local back-up on Android but I was wrong

Thanks for your help
    11-28-18 10:35 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I have done that for photos and know the process. But what about contacts? Where is the file located? The file folders I see are: Alarms, Android, DCIM, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music, Notifications, Pictures, Podcasts, Ringtones. Looking through many (all?) of them, I don't see where contacts reside. I have hundreds of numbers in my phone and I would like to back them up. When Link stopped working on my BB10 devices, I assumed a similar application would be available for local back-up on Android but I was wrong

Thanks for your help
    You need to go into your contacts app first. Click the 3 dots in top right corner and press Import/export. Export the contacts and save the file on your device, then when plugged in to PC, you drag it over to save it there. When wanting to get those contacts back onto a device, email it to yourself, and then "import" into contacts app.
    11-29-18 11:09 AM