Now I have an Android phone - albeit BB - should I install Avast security? I don't plan to downloads any apps from outside Google Play but even they have been caught out
    08-19-16 03:42 PM
    I would say no. You've got DTEK and Google Device Manager and that's all you really need.
    08-19-16 04:18 PM
    should I install Avast security?
    I have been pleased with the various Avast for Android apps, including Avast Security, Battery Saver , Avast Cleanup and Avast WiFi Finder. They are all free, and many features they used to charge extra for, are now provided free.

Granted the apps have ads, but I don't find the ads to be intrusive or bothersome.

Reviews for Avast products are favorable and are usually rated better than many other security apps.

I have not received my DTEK 50 yet, so I don't have experience with Avast on that device, but have used it on other Android devices. The latest versions require much less overhead that earlier versions.

BTW Avast Free virus protection for PC is an excellent choice as well. They will persist in offering that you upgrade to the paid version, but in my view the paid version doesn't offer significant benefit over the free version.
    08-19-16 04:25 PM
    thanks for replies. Avast has slipped lately in antivirus reviews - just to let you know. Personally I would rather trust Kaspersky and it does not cost too much.
    08-20-16 06:09 AM