Hello,

I forgot the pattern to unlock my device so I tried flashing my Dtek50 (european version, non-carrier) via autoloader AAQ280 but fastboot reports several errors (writing "userdata" or writing "cache" FAILED remote: size too large).
    How can this be solved?

The device only boots up into bootloader mode and flashing does not seem to work because of the errors mentioned above.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Mohammad Chahine; 12-08-17 at 09:42 AM.
    12-08-17 08:59 AM
    AAQ280 is only for Priv, don't flash that.

Moreover, the last DTEK50 autoloader is from like six months ago, so it'll more often than not put DTEK50s into the exact same situation you're in now.

You'll probably need to send it in for "repair" now.
    12-08-17 10:13 AM
    thanks thurask.
    the bootloader and fastboot still works fine so I guess wiping the device with the right autoloader should work.
    do you have the right Buid Number and download source regarding the last DTEK50 autoloader?

That would be great.
    12-08-17 10:17 AM
    thanks thurask.
    the bootloader and fastboot still works fine so I guess wiping the device with the right autoloader should work.
    do you have the right Buid Number and download source regarding the last DTEK50 autoloader?

That would be great.
    The last available DTEK50 autoloader is from a long time ago, and no longer works.
    12-08-17 10:27 AM
    Thanks conite & thurask.
    what does that mean for the future? is there a chance to create a custum autoloader with a newer OS version to prevent sending the device in for repair every time it has to be flashed?

or is it the only way to get the device back to service sending it in since there is no newer autoloader available?

what do you recommend?
    12-08-17 05:15 PM
    Thanks conite & thurask.
    what does that mean for the future? is there a chance to create a custum autoloader with a newer OS version to prevent sending the device in for repair every time it has to be flashed?

or is it the only way to get the device back to service sending it in since there is no newer autoloader available?

what do you recommend?
    The way to stop sending it in is for BlackBerry/BlackBerry Mobile (whoever is in charge of the DTEKs, which is its own can of worms) to get their act together. As it stands only the Priv can properly debrick, since BlackBerry Mobile has no current reload methods available for their phones, even the Motion and KEYone.
    12-08-17 05:24 PM
    Is it possible to use an old autoloader if the files which will be copied are replaced with the files from a dtek50 wich has the actual build on it?
    12-13-17 04:02 PM
    Is it possible to use an old autoloader if the files which will be copied are replaced with the files from a dtek50 wich has the actual build on it?
    How would you get the files off the DTEK50, though?
    mighthor likes this.
    12-13-17 04:07 PM
    i thought of using fastboot to download the files from a working dtek with actual build on it
    12-13-17 04:10 PM
    i thought of using fastboot to download the files from a working dtek with actual build on it
    Fastboot can't dump partitions, to back up a partition needs root and/or custom recovery, neither of which is ever going to happen on DTEK50.
    12-13-17 04:13 PM
    so i guess the official support companies of blackberry are able to wipe a bricked device because they have root access? or do they use just an updaed autoloader provided by TCL?
    12-13-17 04:18 PM
    Hello,

I forgot the pattern to unlock my device so I tried flashing my Dtek50 (european version, non-carrier) via autoloader AAQ280 but fastboot reports several errors (writing "userdata" or writing "cache" FAILED remote: size too large).
    How can this be solved?

The device only boots up into bootloader mode and flashing does not seem to work because of the errors mentioned above.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi. You repaired the phone ? I'm in a situation
    02-06-18 03:20 AM
    so i guess the official support companies of blackberry are able to wipe a bricked device because they have root access? or do they use just an updaed autoloader provided by TCL?
    They have updated autoloaders.

No one has root access.
    02-06-18 07:13 AM
    They have updated autoloaders.

No one has root access.
    really ?
    02-07-18 02:31 AM
    Did anyone ever got a link from BBMobile to a recent working autoloader, or the only course of action is to send it in for software loading?
    02-07-18 04:35 AM
    Did anyone ever got a link from BBMobile to a recent working autoloader, or the only course of action is to send it in for software loading?
    Have to send it in for a software reload (I unless you know someone internally that can do it)
    02-20-18 07:01 PM
    Tnx I'm just asking around, luckily I don't need it but the situation is unbelievable! You don't have a working autoloader online for download? Thanks God it's a software company!
    02-21-18 02:45 AM
    The way to stop sending it in is for BlackBerry/BlackBerry Mobile (whoever is in charge of the DTEKs, which is its own can of worms) to get their act together. since BlackBerry Mobile has no current reload methods available for their phones, even the Motion and KEYone.
    Another good reason to avoid ANY blackberry badged phone then!! If they have no reload for even their CURRENT phones, why bother buying them, if you can't even get them working again once they go wrong?? Doesn't inspire ANY confidence in future 'offerings' from these companies (TCL/BBMo) either, that's for sure!!
    02-21-18 05:38 AM
    Another good reason to avoid ANY blackberry badged phone then!! If they have no reload for even their CURRENT phones, why bother buying them, if you can't even get them working again once they go wrong?? Doesn't inspire ANY confidence in future 'offerings' from these companies (TCL/BBMo) either, that's for sure!!
    Even though it's "unofficial", we have the Mobile Upgrade tool for BBMo-launched devices (KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion). It will wipe and load the most recent OS.

The problem only exists for the DTEKs.
    02-21-18 07:17 AM
    Even though it's "unofficial", we have the Mobile Upgrade tool for BBMo-launched devices (KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion). It will wipe and load the most recent OS.

It would be nice if they al least publish a working autoloader, when the device reaches EOL with the security updates.
    Any insights on that, or an opinion?
    02-21-18 07:47 AM
    It would be nice if they al least publish a working autoloader, when the device reaches EOL with the security updates.
    Any insights on that, or an opinion?
    They should have the latest autoloader up all the time.
    02-21-18 07:56 AM

So one minute you are saying 'BlackBerry Mobile has no current reload methods available for their phones, even the Motion and KEYone' yet now you are saying 'there is an 'unofficial' mobile upgrade tool'
    Should we be using an 'unofficial' tool, and where would you stand if you used it, and 'bricked' your phone?? BBMo/TCL would probably refuse to even look at it, as you had used 'unofficial' software??
    If BBMo/TCL can't even allow owners to reload their OS 'officially' then I see no reason to purchase from them...
    02-21-18 01:08 PM
    They should have the latest autoloader up all the time.
    And pigs may well fly as well!!
    02-21-18 01:08 PM
    Now that we have the KEYone and Motion, do we really care about the DTEK anymore? It's an orphan category abandoned by the old hardware division.
    02-21-18 01:11 PM
    So one minute you are saying 'BlackBerry Mobile has no current reload methods available for their phones, even the Motion and KEYone' yet now you are saying 'there is an 'unofficial' mobile upgrade tool'
    Should we be using an 'unofficial' tool, and where would you stand if you used it, and 'bricked' your phone?? BBMo/TCL would probably refuse to even look at it, as you had used 'unofficial' software??
    If BBMo/TCL can't even allow owners to reload their OS 'officially' then I see no reason to purchase from them...
    I don't think I've ever been inconsistent on the matter.

The Mobile Upgrade Tool is by TCL, and was posted for some time on their site before someone decided to take it down.

I would only use it if stuck anyway, so it's hardly a risky proposition. But it's a fairly simple program and can't really mess up.

We can also construct autoloaders for TCL devices like we used to for BB10, but can't for the DTEKs.
    02-21-18 01:20 PM
29 12