How in the world do you do that? As in, specifically, what steps or app do you use?
    I just follow the steps from below website:
    Sam Liddicott: Android 6 semi-adopted storage
    03-25-17 05:54 AM
    I just follow the steps from below website:
    Thank You, I had done a quick search, and indications were that it would require root.
    It doesn't, but, it looks fairly involved. I don't need extra 'internal' so don't think I'll be messing with it. But I'm glad I now have at least a clue what you guys are talking about.
    Others may find the link useful.
    03-25-17 07:52 AM
  3. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Weird. I thought you couldn't do that in BlackBerry Marshmallow.
    Have you double checked that the SD really is in portable mode? Maybe try plugging it into a pc and see if you can read files?

Edit: in case I wasn't clear, I mean with a card reader (not through the phone).
    I double-checked. And I'm really surprised as you are.

I saw the option in the app, set things in motion and it worked.
    MBrettH likes this.
    03-25-17 11:36 AM
    I double-checked. And I'm really surprised as you are.

I saw the option in the app, set things in motion and it worked.
    I didn't realize you were talking about an in app setting. Apps can choose to store certain data on whatever drive they want.
    03-25-17 11:53 AM
    I didn't realize you were talking about an in app setting. Apps can choose to store certain data on whatever drive they want.
    How to do that?
    You mean inside the app->setting?
    Instead of settings->apps

Not all the app working in that way, right?
    03-26-17 01:10 AM
    How to do that?
    You mean inside the app->setting?
    Instead of settings->apps

Not all the app working in that way, right?
    An app is allowed to store data in various places.
    The default BlackBerry Camera can save photos to the SD card. I used a GPS/map app once which allowed me to store downloaded map tiles wherever I wanted (I chose the SD card, but I could probably have picked an otg USB stick if I wanted). The Overdrive library app allows you to choose where to store audio files. I'm sure there are many more examples.

These features require the app to offer an interface to select where you want to store certain data. It's not quite the same as an OS feature to move the app. Having the OS move the app requires the SD be formatted as adopted storage (at least on Marshmallow).
    03-26-17 11:02 AM
    Some quotes from the link japsuki posted above in #19 - from Motorola

"IMPORTANT: Motorola recommends setting up the SD card as Internal Storage if the device has 8GB or less of storage."

"IMPORTANT: If an SD card set up as internal storage is removed from the device, it can cause card corruption. There is no guarantee that, upon re-insertion, the device will still be able to read the card as it contains a unique encryption key. "

"The lifetime of an SD can vary depending on its manufacturer and class. We see a large variety of cards, each with different properties. If you decide to use an SD card for internal storage, it will typically have lower life span expectations than embedded device storage. Perform regular back-ups to the cloud to ensure you don't lose important data in the event of SD card failure."
    I have removed media card out of phone, it can't read in PC. The phone has warning without media card and selection pictures saving to phone or forget it. I have A big silly mistake, finger hit forget it. I put back media card the phone display to format media card.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 10:06 PM
    Some apps enable transfer to media card, there is display , on app setting.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 10:55 PM
    Some apps enable transfer to media card, there is display , on app setting.

Posted via CB10
    If you are running Marshmallow, and have your SD set up as portable, apps cannot be moved.
    There may be two or three off the wall apps coded to allow it, but you won't find them on Google Play, and they are not Google approved.
    Iv'e got no clue if Nougat will allow it - Lollipop does, if the dev has coded for it.
    03-31-17 08:31 AM
34 12