Trying to sort out a friends DT50. Recently the device has refused to download app updates, just stays on “Downloading”.
    Several app screen icons have turned grey.
    Have checked and cleared device cache. He does not have an6 more than 20 or so apps installed.
    Photos,videos are save to SD. There appears to be be lots of memory remaining.
    Cleared App Store cache, force stopped. Hard booted device.
    Still same issue.
    Anyone run into problem? Any insight.
    Thanks.
    03-15-19 04:59 PM
    Trying to sort out a friends DT50. Recently the device has refused to download app updates, just stays on “Downloading”.
    Several app screen icons have turned grey.
    Have checked and cleared device cache. He does not have an6 more than 20 or so apps installed.
    Photos,videos are save to SD. There appears to be be lots of memory remaining.
    Cleared App Store cache, force stopped. Hard booted device.
    Still same issue.
    Anyone run into problem? Any insight.
    Thanks.
    Go into apps and like you did force stop and clear on app store. That's only half of it.
    Go back to apps. Force stop play store again. Go to storage and clear data. Then in apps show system and do the same 2 steps (force stop and clear data) for play services. Reboot phone.
    Also are you installing apps to internal or external storage? How much space on both?
    03-16-19 08:14 AM
    Go into apps and like you did force stop and clear on app store. That's only half of it.
    Go back to apps. Force stop play store again. Go to storage and clear data. Then in apps show system and do the same 2 steps (force stop and clear data) for play services. Reboot phone.
    Also are you installing apps to internal or external storage? How much space on both?
    Thanks for the reply.
    I won’t have my hands on this device again until early next week, so I’ll give you suggestions a try.
    That said, pardon my ignorance, where are the settings for determining what location to install apps to?
    03-16-19 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    I won’t have my hands on this device again until early next week, so I’ll give you suggestions a try.
    That said, pardon my ignorance, where are the settings for determining what location to install apps to?
    Sd card needs to be formatted as internal (not external) you can see which it is in settings. Storage. Also confirm that there is an sd card installed in the first place.
    If installed and set as internal. This is how it is set as default. https://www.howtogeek.com/114667/how...o-the-sd-card/

When you have apps installed on sd and you reboot the phone. The apps installed internal are available immediately. Ones installed on sd are grey until Android reads card after reboot. If they are staying grey it sounds like card is bad or missing. Could try pulling it out and putting it back in (preferably while phone is shut down)
    03-16-19 11:06 AM
    Sd card needs to be formatted as internal (not external) you can see which it is in settings. Storage. Also confirm that there is an sd card installed in the first place.
    If installed and set as internal. This is how it is set as default. https://www.howtogeek.com/114667/how...o-the-sd-card/

When you have apps installed on sd and you reboot the phone. The apps installed internal are available immediately. Ones installed on sd are grey until Android reads card after reboot. If they are staying grey it sounds like card is bad or missing. Could try pulling it out and putting it back in (preferably while phone is shut down)
    I know there’s an SD installed. But yes, maybe it is bad.
    I’ll check all of the above when I get my hands back on the device next week.

Many thanks.
    dpw09 likes this.
    03-16-19 11:29 AM
    Update. Finally got a chance to work on this device.
    Assume the issue was with a corrupt SD card. Removed the existing card, installed a new one and formatted as external. All appears to be working normally once again.
    Thanks for the input.
    brookie229, Elky64 and dpw09 like this.
    03-24-19 11:59 AM
    Update. MyFirstPremierCard Finally got a chance to work on this device.
    Assume the issue was with a corrupt SD card. Removed the existing card, installed a new one and formatted as external. All appears to be working normally once again.
    Thanks for the input.
    When you have apps installed on sd and you reboot the phone. The apps installed internal are available immediately. Ones installed on sd are grey until Android reads card after reboot. If they are staying grey it sounds like card is bad or missing.
    Last edited by carl8965; 08-13-19 at 12:11 AM.
    08-12-19 01:07 AM
    MyGroundBiz Website
    When you have apps installed on sd and you reboot the phone. The apps installed internal are available immediately. Ones installed on sd are grey until Android reads card after reboot. If they are staying grey it sounds like card is bad or missing.
    Last edited by trouseredwi; 08-21-20 at 04:54 AM.
    08-20-20 04:17 AM