Is it possible to use just one between SIM in your BB10 AND your Priv or DTEK50? Comments on results, performance?

What a CLASSIC!
    08-22-16 04:45 PM
    Which SIM card does my BlackBerry device use? | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Passport, Classic, Priv and DTEK50 all use nanoSIMs. Those can be freely swapped.

Any other BB10 device uses a microSIM, which is too big to fit in the first four. That you'd need to get cut down/replaced, and then use an adapter to fit in the larger size SIM slot (risky).
    08-22-16 05:04 PM
    I have Priv, Passport & Q5 & nano SIM.
    I swap SIM card all the time. For Q5, I use SIM adapter.
    No issue at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 07:52 PM
    Is it possible to use just one between SIM in your BB10 AND your Priv or DTEK50? Comments on results, performance?

What a CLASSIC!
    Yep. No big deal. From my Passport.
    Tell you what though, nothing I'd want to do every day! DTEK tray is flimsy and PPT top where SIM goes is not made for much on and off.
    No carrier issues though.
    08-22-16 08:50 PM
    Thanks for input. Since a DTEK50 would only be an Android backup to my Classic, not used for phone calls or email, just for needed business apps, moving SIM between devices will be my first test with 2 devices.

What a CLASSIC!
    08-23-16 02:07 AM
    It's not really a hassle on the SIM side as along as both use the same size. I often do it between my Passport and PRIV. What I find a true hassle is switching BBM, WhatsApp and SMS history.

BBM chats, except for BBM groups, do not carry over from one device to the other. I've been able to keep the history on my Passport to restore, but everytime I switch to the PRIV I can't get its history to restore, so I always have to start from scratch.

WhatsApp gives the option to switch chat history from BB10 to Android, but not the other way around. I tried restoring the Android history with the backup file on my Passport ("crypt12" file, even changed the extension to just "crypt", same as BB10) but never got prompted about restoring chats, despite multiple uninstall and reinstall.

SMS can be easily switched from BB10 to the PRIV with the "Content Transfer" app, but I've not found a seamless way of doing it the other way around. At least, unlike BBM and WhatsApp, I can always view my SMS simultaneously on either device.

I find BBM should at least allow the option to be viewed on two or more devices. I can understand WhatsApp as it is attached to a specific phone number, but BBM is linked to a BlackBerry ID. I believe Apple does allow it on its devices with FaceTime, so I can't see why BlackBerry has not implemented it, many use two or more devices, sometimes simultaneously. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it had a limitation of using it on one BB10 and one other device (Android or IOS).

Aside from the aforementioned, you shouldn't encounter much trouble and if you only use the Android phone as secondary and don't need to switch BBM or WhatsApp, it should be quite easy. Remember you can always use your Classic as a router to share Internet to your other devices.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-23-16 04:03 AM
    Thanks JG! Details on specific apps helps, knowing SIM swapping works for my needs even better.

What a CLASSIC!
    08-24-16 12:25 AM
    Same combo as what I use daily yet I find myself using the Dtek more, my Priv is sitting on the desk....no more air miles for it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-16 01:31 AM