After seeing those 2 teaser clips of the Mercury, I am now 101% sure to get my hands on that pkb phone!!
    I still am a pkb kinda guy!!
    I was supposed to get the Priv in early 2016, just for the pkb, but decided on the much more affordable 50, and just hoped that the Mercury would be a reality!
    The best part is, coming from a 50, specs-wise, it's almost certain that it's an upgrade!!
    Anyone else sure to get it?

Edit: 2nd teaser (in case you haven't seen it)
    Last edited by japsuki; 01-04-17 at 08:25 PM.
    falbo likes this.
    01-04-17 08:15 AM
    Me too.
    01-04-17 08:50 AM
    You might as well jump from the dtek50 back to a flip phone bro! LOL

#whatisclassic
    01-04-17 02:29 PM
    Yeah I will probably get the Mercury. I was tempted by the PRIV but it being the first droid I was a bit wary. Subsequent posts in the forums then had me worried about build quality and coming from the Passport left me with a bad taste I'm my mouth. I returned two passports because of twisting and screen lift and they refused to send me another device so took a cash refund. With all the moving parts on the PRIV I wasn't taking that chance so bought a 2nd hand q10 and waited to see how the whole blackdroid thing panned out.
    Anyway felt comfortable enough with how things were going and with the black Friday deal bought the dtek50 which I have to say so far I'm impressed with. The transition hasn't been as painful as I thought, the phone was cheap enough and I'm not stuck in a contract. But, I do miss the pkb. I wished the Passport had worked out for me but the Mercury seems to have ticked all the boxes. I'm guessing a much better spec than the dtek50 including the camera, pkb swipeable, normal form device so hopefully no bending issues in the pocket and more crucially it looks sweet.
    The only worry I would have had left was android but now I've been baptised I can get my head round that.
    01-04-17 05:11 PM
    Yeah I will probably get the Mercury. I was tempted by the PRIV but it being the first droid I was a bit wary.
    The only worry I would have had left was android but now I've been baptised I can get my head round that.
    Pretty much the same with your thoughts! I had red flags for the then new Priv being the first Android, and the hands-on reviews of people in here, and the clincher, for me, was the price so high that even Chen admitted so.
    I'm also not a slider phone fan, but I really badly need/want a pkb, and I almost ignored the red flags cos of it.
    Thank goodness for Mercury info leaks from a long time ago!!
    And yes, now we have been properly introduced to the BB Android setup! Thank you, 50! ☺

Mercury video glimpse (just in case)
    01-04-17 09:10 PM
    The 50 has left me somewhat disillusioned with Blackberry and their Android endeavors. The number 1 issue with the 50 being the slow update cycle and the lack of communication surrounding why this is happening. If this is how Blackberry plans to pivot to being a software only company then colored me disappointed. I feel my money would be better spent elsewhere. Keyboard be damned.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    01-04-17 10:00 PM
    I just got the December update today. Who did you try and contact regarding the issue. Just wondering if there is a better channel to use.
    To be honest I know they promised monthly updates but it's not something I worry about too much. I know BlackBerry are using it as their usp but have you ever heard of anyone's phone being compromised BlackBerry or any other?
    01-05-17 08:11 AM
    I hope I can jump ship before I am 50 :-).

Classic "TeamMustang"
    01-05-17 08:33 AM
    I hope I can jump ship before I am 50 :-).

Classic "TeamMustang"
    By the time you're 50, there will still be people in here waiting for that BB 10 reincarnation 😜
    01-05-17 09:09 AM
    Good one :-). And Lithuanian language, dark hub,..

Classic "TeamMustang"
    jas1978 likes this.
    01-05-17 09:49 AM
    The 50 has left me somewhat disillusioned with Blackberry and their Android endeavors. The number 1 issue with the 50 being the slow update cycle and the lack of communication surrounding why this is happening. If this is how Blackberry plans to pivot to being a software only company then colored me disappointed. I feel my money would be better spent elsewhere. Keyboard be damned.
    People forget the dtek50 was marketed as their "most secure android" device - the Priv was not.

Part of the claim of this most secure android offering includes pushing out the updates the same day google makes the vulnerability known.

Lastly - the dtek50 was marketed as a fleet device for enterprise where security is paramount - BlackBerry's words, not mine.

People can think what they will, but they lose a lot of credibilty on this front.

#whatisclassic
    01-05-17 03:01 PM
    I wonder why the 50 in particular? I'm only new to the device but from what I hear the os is slightly different. Maybe the update caused some issues with the 50 but not the 60 or PRIV.
    01-05-17 03:59 PM
    As soon as it is available at Germany, I will switch over.
    01-05-17 04:17 PM
    People forget the dtek50 was marketed as their "most secure android" device - the Priv was not.

Part of the claim of this most secure android offering includes pushing out the updates the same day google makes the vulnerability known.

Lastly - the dtek50 was marketed as a fleet device for enterprise where security is paramount - BlackBerry's words, not mine.

People can think what they will, but they lose a lot of credibilty on this front.

#whatisclassic
    Lol what is classic? You mean relic.

Let me know when the dtek50 gets hacked lol
    01-05-17 08:20 PM
    The 50 has left me somewhat disillusioned with Blackberry and their Android endeavors. The number 1 issue with the 50 being the slow update cycle and the lack of communication surrounding why this is happening.
    As much as I understand completely why people get turned off by this, before buying and researching the 50 for myself, I already conditioned my mind to be wary of the "notorious" Android, and just do some security on my end.
    I'm still on November patch, actually. Hehe. I'm also aware that there are tons of phone options at a lesser price and better specs, but I bought the 50 for that tiny bit of BB familiarity. I'll still choose BlackBerry Android over any other Android phone.
    01-05-17 09:23 PM
    I went from a PP SE to a D50, and I now only ever use the PP in wireless while sitting on the toilet. As much as I love my PP, the 50 suits me better. All of the travels apps I use seem to work better. OK Google is much better than BB Assistant. I missed the small size of my Z10 and I love the lightness of the 50, especially when going dancing or doing outdoor activities. I definitely won't be buying a Mercury. Now with the 50, even the 60 would be too big and too heavy for me.
    mike kootnikoff and falbo like this.
    01-06-17 01:10 PM
    I will definitely go for the Press/Mercury. I find my DTEK 50 way too light. I miss the heft of the Classic and I think the Press will be more substantial than the 50 and less hefty than the Classic. I find the 50 has nothing really that attracts me after the first two weeks of using it. I pre-ordered the Classic, and have never stopped loving it. I do like Android features though. I will sell my DTEK 50 for a very fair price when I get my new Press. I will never sell my Classic.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    01-06-17 01:33 PM
    I will definitely go for the Press/Mercury. I find my DTEK 50 way too light. I miss the heft of the Classic....
    I know how you feel. To make up for that, even if I'm not a phone case kinda guy, I bought the BlackBerry hard shell case for 15 US$. It adds the weight and an even better grip. It also doesn't look like there's a case on the phone.
    kitmo likes this.
    01-07-17 06:51 AM