Hi there,
    I already tried to get this question answered in a another post but I am unsure whether I explained the problem correctly.
    I would simply know if and how someone can successfully read email from the DTEK50 via Bluetooth in their car.
    How did you set up email (Hub? or Gmail, IMAP or Exchange?)
    Thank you!
    09-23-16 05:56 PM
    Link to previous and now closed thread for full context.

Let's stick this one through, so I don't have to link and close another thread. Ok?
    09-23-16 08:16 PM
    I have a 2016 Mazda (in Canada). When paired with my Passport it works with phone calls, text messages and email. When paired with my DTEK 50, it only works with phone calls and text messages. There is no setting in the car to configure email, when I use my DTEK 50, but settings for email show up when I switch to my Passport. My car does not have Android Auto.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-16 06:54 PM
    Thank you.
    Looks similar to what I have seen. BB Classic working just fine. DTEK no success.
    I was just wondering because some posted that they could read emails in their car with the Priv.
    Now I assume they had Android Auto running in their car - which I don't have.
    Last edited by walker_sw; 09-26-16 at 01:57 PM.
    09-26-16 01:38 PM
    Hello,

Many automakers now are rolling out their Android Auto solution which will absolutely work with BlackBerry Android devices (There are some known issues with some manufacturers which they are working to fix, if not fixed already - Issue is on the vehicle side)

With regards to standard Bluetooth connectivity...specifically MAP. PRIV has support for email and SMS. DTEK50 only supports SMS transfer.

This is why you are seeing it work on your Classic, Passport etc.

Hopefully that helps answer your questions

Thanks

Dev J
    BlackBerry Product Manager
    10-07-16 01:05 PM
    I wonder will the DTEK50 ever get Bluetooth email notification as the android PRIV and BB10 devices do, or is it a marketing decision to get the higher speced PRIV?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-16 02:15 AM
    I can get text messages in my Ford Hybrid Energi using my DTEK50. I have only had them read to me versus seeing any in print. Not sure that is available --will check tomorrow.
    10-14-16 12:02 AM
    I have a Dodge Ram truck with U-connect and found that I do receive text messages while driving, not sure about emails though.
    10-21-16 09:00 AM