This is my first Android device. Always used a BBOS. I was hoping that yall could ease my transition to this new OS

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-11-16 09:12 PM
    I had issues when I first switched to the PRIV. I'm a lot faster now though. I really like the swipe typing. Umm. Any specific questions? Keep the HUB running in the background to keep it snappy.

08-11-16 09:46 PM
    I had issues when I first switched to the PRIV. I'm a lot faster now though. I really like the swipe typing. Umm. Any specific questions? Keep the HUB running in the background to keep it snappy.

So I have hub running on the dtek50 but I am not getting any content for apps like LinkedIn, twitter and Instagram. Where can I find help on this?
    08-11-16 10:03 PM
    Me, too. If I spring for it, it will be a move from OS 5 for me. Never used another phone since my BB, but it's time... I hate moving to android, but seems the only viable option if I intend to use any apps beyond bb native installed over long term...

So I have been reading up on the phone using the blackberry site. From the phone info, choose docs, & it leads to several substantive help files.

DTEK50 - 6.0
    08-12-16 10:20 AM
    Do y'all know how to get the swipe up for the home screen to work? Or am I just relegated to pressing the square?

08-12-16 11:19 AM
    One tip I can give is download an "app launcher" and then download icon packs. This allows you to change the look of your phone.

The app launcher I use right now is called "Nova" and it gives you a bunch of ways to modify the look of your phone.
    08-12-16 04:51 PM
    So I have hub running on the dtek50 but I am not getting any content for apps like LinkedIn, twitter and Instagram. Where can I find help on this?
    When I signed in successfully to the apps ie linkedlin and Instagram it automatically added it to my hub.
    08-12-16 05:41 PM
    One tip I can give is download an "app launcher" and then download icon packs. This allows you to change the look of your phone.

The app launcher I use right now is called "Nova" and it gives you a bunch of ways to modify the look of your phone.
    This my not be a good idea for new android users. they might get confused more. What I usually do is just set up one screen only and get use to that before getting into customizations.
    fanisk and big_time2 like this.
    08-12-16 05:42 PM
    First suggestion is to look at BlackBerry's official youtube channels about their android phones.earn the basics. Then try looking around in settings. Get to know about the system without making changes. Use the phone for your daily needs and spend loads of time on the forums. Ask indepth questions on what you're after and help others new when you become the expert.

 P A S S P O R T | O.G. Fish! //;=>
    08-12-16 09:50 PM
    And remember that for many things BlackBerry built in, you will need an app for on android. BlackBerry builds in a lot more still than other droids I've had but the fact still remains. The shortcuts in the BlackBerry software are awesome and there are lots of them. If you make use of them you will find that your android experience will be more BlackBerry like. If you start messing other launchers many of these BlackBerry features won't be available. I use the BlackBerry launcher and have no issues with it

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-12-16 10:39 PM