Coming from a Galaxy S7 Edge, one of my biggest letdowns has been the default camera app on the Dtek60. I'm not a fan of the UI within the app or photo viewer, I also miss some of the basic functions of the Samsung camera.

Does anyone know of any decent camera apps with some food functionality and UI? Is there any way I could get the Samsung camera on my Dtek60? Any suggestions would be great, thanks ahead!
    01-01-17 09:03 PM
    the camera you have on your phone can only be "upgraded" with software that tricks you into thinking it is better. Meaning, any software only has the quality of your camera to start with. and that's the best it's going to be. BBs are notorious for lousy cameras. If you want an improved one, get an Android. Or stay on your Samsung. You will never get camera quality like what you had on it from a BB/droid.
    01-01-17 09:48 PM
    the camera you have on your phone can only be "upgraded" with software that tricks you into thinking it is better. Meaning, any software only has the quality of your camera to start with. and that's the best it's going to be. BBs are notorious for lousy cameras. If you want an improved one, get an Android. Or stay on your Samsung. You will never get camera quality like what you had on it from a BB/droid.
    I think you missed the point. They don't like the UI of the app. It's fair, there are better ones.
    01-04-17 12:17 AM
    Coming from a Galaxy S7 Edge, one of my biggest letdowns has been the default camera app on the Dtek60. I'm not a fan of the UI within the app or photo viewer, I also miss some of the basic functions of the Samsung camera.

Does anyone know of any decent camera apps with some food functionality and UI? Is there any way I could get the Samsung camera on my Dtek60? Any suggestions would be great, thanks ahead!
    If you google it, a few websites have done comparisons. I'll start digging too haha
    01-04-17 12:18 AM
    Also no one notices it's the "Dtek60".. what OP is asking about no??

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 03:41 PM
    Anyone have experience with Open Camera?
    01-07-17 06:09 PM
    It depends what "basic" means for you, and what you hope to accomplish. You may want to try ProShot or Snap Camera HDR. ProShot will give you a simple-to-use UI, with histogram, good exposure bracketing options, and up-to JPEG100. You are not going to get Manual, RAW and advanced controls, because of Camera2 API in Legacy Mode. Snap Camera HDR is more cumbersome to setup in the background, but after that you can use the dial to quickly go to the presets you prepared before hand. Even though it takes good advantage of the legacy camera API functionality, you will hit the same limitations because of the Camera2 API not supported (but in Legacy Mode). In low light, the BB Camera seems to give the best results- just make sure you have the latest BB Camera version, which at this moment is 4.3. This version gives you also the best manual-control on the DTEK50. For me, the three major missing features of the BB Camera v.4.3 are: lack of saving RAW, lack of JPEG98-99-100 (sometimes referred as Super Fine and Best), and lack of exposure bracketing.

See also http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2-api-1095851/ and http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tek50-1082848/
    01-08-17 01:19 AM