I just thought I'd take the opportunity to start another positive thread since we've had so many negative ones on CB over the last year[s]...

I really like the look of this device and I think BlackBerry might finally be poised to get back on track with their hardware business. I'm feeling way more optimism around the company now, at least.

Also, I love the feel of any device naked before any type of case, specifically Blackberries because that's what I use. But sometimes I do like to have a case on my device. When I'm working outdoors or heading on a trek, I like to feel my device is protected. I'm not big on using a case for added flair or a more personalized touch - I just want protection and as much as possible. For this, Otterbox has always been my go-to. It could be the reason that I use my Classic more than my Passport - because I feel more comfortable working with it in the Defender than with an unprotected Passport. Because of the simplicity of the DTEK's design, there is a really good chance that we will see another Otterbox for it and that is a good thing.

I really have been eyeing the Priv ever since it was announced but the fact that there is not really a great rugged case available for that device, definitely scores some points for the new DTEK in my mind, when comparing the two.

Anyway, I hope that this device proves to put BlackBerry back on the map and allows BlackBerry to regain some of the traction that they had what seems like forever ago. Go #teamblackberry!!!
    08-01-16 12:47 PM
    Let's all hope this is "the one"!
    08-01-16 01:03 PM
    So far, I've had a swivel holster for both the Z10 and Z30. The DTEK50 will be no exception. I pre-ordered the BlackBerry swivel holster as well.
    I don't really like having a phone in my pocket, it feels much better at my side.
    That, and if it's in my pocket, I would have to always take it out when I sit down, whereas, if it's in a holster, I don't have to take it out when I sit down.

BlackBerry has always been wonderful with their cases.
    So, I'm looking forward to the BlackBerry DTEK50 and the BlackBerry swivel holster.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 01:04 PM
    I really like the look of this device
    I like the positivity and everything, But personally, I dislike the look and design of this phone.. The design is not special BlackBerry, and its normal since its rebranded.

Not trying to hate on it or anything, on the contrary, I totally understand the sense behind this device and its the very right move.. Hopefully it sells..
    big_time2 likes this.
    08-01-16 02:29 PM
    I bought one. I like it. I have no tangible issues. Im NOT an android lover by any stretch of the imagination, but the Dtek50 makes it palatable.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-20-16 07:59 PM
    So far, I've had a swivel holster for both the Z10 and Z30. The DTEK50 will be no exception. I pre-ordered the BlackBerry swivel holster as well.
    I don't really like having a phone in my pocket, it feels much better at my side.
    That, and if it's in my pocket, I would have to always take it out when I sit down, whereas, if it's in a holster, I don't have to take it out when I sit down.

BlackBerry has always been wonderful with their cases.
    So, I'm looking forward to the BlackBerry DTEK50 and the BlackBerry swivel holster.

Posted via CB10
    I am using the z30 holster on the dtek now. Only thing it doesn't go to sleep. I insert it in and press the lock out button.

08-20-16 10:19 PM
    I am using the z30 holster on the dtek now. Only thing it doesn't go to sleep. I insert it in and press the lock out button.

is the dtek50 in the z30 holster a snug fit? is adding the OEM hard shell doable? i run my z10 in the transform case in the z30 holster and love the combo
    08-23-16 12:08 PM
    I bought one. I like it. I have no tangible issues. Im NOT an android lover by any stretch of the imagination, but the Dtek50 makes it palatable.

I have to agree with you, BlackBerry has done a good job with Android with all the familiar apps ie... hub, Calendar etc...

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    08-23-16 03:14 PM
    I have to agree with you, BlackBerry has done a good job with Android with all the familiar apps ie... hub, Calendar etc...

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    AND the Dtek50 App. It tells me when an app is accessing permissions. I can then change the permissions if need be. Android is infamous for updating apps and changing the permissions. I find this sleazy, but Dtek keeps me on my toes!

Posted via my new Dtek50. (I still love you Z30).
    08-23-16 03:45 PM
    Ol'skool

08-23-16 05:14 PM
    is the dtek50 in the z30 holster a snug fit? is adding the OEM hard shell doable? i run my z10 in the transform case in the z30 holster and love the combo
    Yes snug fit naked.

08-23-16 06:30 PM
    I like mine as well. Coming from a OnePlus X which had its issues, I am very satisfied with DTEK. The battery life is horrible but everything else is great.
    08-23-16 08:29 PM
    Yep...haters are going to hate but the Dtek 50 is a nice little device
    08-23-16 08:31 PM
    Yes snug fit naked.

Thanks!
    08-23-16 08:42 PM

Z30 holster fits DTEK?
    08-23-16 09:24 PM
    The Leap holster works very well with the DTEK50 and the BlackBerry hard case. Fits like it belongs together, this is what I'm using as my daily combo for work. The DTEK50 holster is snug with just the phone in it, no room for anything else on it.

sibeans likes this.
    08-23-16 11:48 PM