Was browsing through the app drawer on my 50 this morning and noticed an Android Pay icon? How did it get on my phone and is it available yet in Canada?
    05-16-17 01:12 PM
    It is a core Android App.... so it will just be there if your market supports it.

Canada has been testing Android Pay for awhile now, don't know if it has gone live yet or not... or how widely it will be supported.
    05-16-17 01:27 PM
    Canada has been testing Android Pay for awhile now, don't know if it has gone live yet or not... or how widely it will be supported.
    Not live yet, but they're close. Hence it now starting to appear for more and more Canadians. June is the rumored timeframe.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-16-17 01:39 PM
    Was browsing through the app drawer on my 50 this morning and noticed an Android Pay icon? How did it get on my phone and is it available yet in Canada?
    Yes I noticed it on my 50 also but it will not accept any cards. Keep saying not available.
    05-16-17 03:02 PM
    Which bank do you use? You can just use the NFC payment feature from their mobile app for the time being.
    05-17-17 09:58 PM
    Which bank do you use? You can just use the NFC payment feature from their mobile app for the time being.
    No biggie I just wanted to know how the icon got on my phone. I can wait until they turn it on in Canada.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    05-18-17 06:04 AM
    Got an Android Pay update today but still can't input any CC's. Now that my interest is peaked I can't use it! Lol. Hopefully soon.
    05-18-17 06:39 PM
    Android Pay officially launched in Canada on May 31st, with most of th Canadian banks and other financial and commercial institutions participating.

For now the only holdouts are TD Canada Trust and Royal Bank, reason being that they offer their own in-house "digital wallets" which are compatible with Android devices. They will hold out probably until the customers of those banks start demanding direct support for Android Pay.

By comparison, Apple Pay has been available in Canada for about one year now.
    06-01-17 08:24 AM
    Android Pay officially launched in Canada on May 31st, with most of th Canadian banks and other financial and commercial institutions participating.

For now the only holdouts are TD Canada Trust and Royal Bank, reason being that they offer their own in-house "digital wallets" which are compatible with Android devices. They will hold out probably until the customers of those banks start demanding direct support for Android Pay.

Yeah I read the same article. Unfortunately I'm with Tangerine Bank and the article said that they won't be ready until the end of the summer.
    06-01-17 12:12 PM
    I just setup my PC Mastercard with Android Pay. Ready to spend some money unwisely to try it out.
    06-01-17 05:26 PM
    I just setup my PC Mastercard with Android Pay. Ready to spend some money unwisely to try it out.
    LOL
    06-02-17 08:59 AM
    Can I interest you in a K1? Not that the K1 is a frivolous purchase...just saying
    Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 06-03-17 at 11:30 AM.
    06-02-17 11:40 AM
    Can confirm. Loaded up my card on my G6 and went to McDonald's to get a burger and test it out.

Worked surprisingly quick. I was expecting to have some issues since I have a case on.

But it got the signal, and did it quickly. Very cool.
    06-02-17 12:36 PM

Now, I'm kind of confused, because despite the news that from all the participating financial institutions and other companies, TD Canada Trust will be among the few that will not outright integrate Android Pay, the other day I saw an add from TD on the side of a bus advertising Android Pay! Does anybody have more information on this?
    06-05-17 07:32 AM
    I'm only aware it's released. I'm not sure what supports it. For example, can you pay for a mc Donald drink with Android pay?
    06-05-17 02:51 PM
    I'm only aware it's released. I'm not sure what supports it. For example, can you pay for a mc Donald drink with Android pay?
    It'll only work if your Bank or CC company supports it. For me I have to wait until the end of summer before Tangerine flips the switch.
    06-05-17 04:11 PM
    Another Android Pay update today.. smh.
    06-06-17 11:44 AM
    Android Pay doesn't support TD Canada Trust.
    06-06-17 11:48 AM
    I have 3 CC'S and a debit card and none are supported by Android Pay yet. So much for Android Pay in Canada.
    06-06-17 12:02 PM
    I have 3 CC'S and a debit card and none are supported by Android Pay yet. So much for Android Pay in Canada.
    Yeah, DOA. Apple Pay is better so I have noticed so far.
    06-06-17 12:06 PM
    RBC is also excluded.
    06-06-17 03:59 PM
    Yeah, DOA. Apple Pay is better so I have noticed so far.
    This should have been thought out better. Get it working with all the major financial institutions first THEN announce its availability. From what I've seen only CIBC has it working?
    06-07-17 08:28 AM
    Other way around. TD and RBC will not support Android Pay. Word has it they (investors) sunk a lot of money into their own NFC banking apps and did do not want to have wasted their investment.
    06-07-17 02:05 PM
    From what I've seen only CIBC has it working?
    ATB, BMO, Canadian Tire, CIBC, Desjardins, Banque Nationale, PC Financial, and Scotiabank. Tangerine is "coming soon."
    06-07-17 02:08 PM
    RBC is also excluded.
    That is because RBC pay already works great with NFC, no need for Android pay
    06-10-17 03:19 PM
29 12