Hi,
    Over the past weeks I've almost pulled my hair out over this problem, but couldn't find any solution so maybe you've got an idea:

On my DTEK50 and PRIV (both running the latest available version of Android) I've got automatic rules set up for do not disturb. So for example, between 10pm and 6am every day of the week.

Problem: Even when it's past 6am the phone doesn't revert to the pre-"do not disturb" settings. To be specific: ring volume remains silent so the phone doesn't ring, nor vibrate at all which is somewhat of a problem. Even more since there is no visual indication that the ringtone is silent :-(

The only way to get it back to ringing again is to manually turn up the volume.

So my questions are:

o) has anybody out there experienced similar issues?

o) Any known cure?

Thanks much in advance for your help.

-bbes36
    Last edited by ebbes36; 06-13-17 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    06-13-17 03:43 AM
    I'm on here for the exact same reason! my wife is going bonkers about this. I've tried everything and did a hard reboot and still no luck. as soon as do not disturb is shut off the ringer goes on silent? @Bla1ze help!?
    06-13-17 07:24 AM
    it happens on mine as well, it's an apparent bug affecting dtek50s (not sure if all but I definitely have been reading more than a few cases). Hopefully they make a fix for it.
    06-13-17 02:55 PM
    Yes it is very annoying bug and I have already reported the bug to blackberry support twice. They replied and said they are aware of the bug but it is still not fixed yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-13-17 08:40 PM
    Wife is having the same issue. I am a BB guy so I stayed with bb when I switched her phone out. Also was pretty cheap at 300. Anyway the whole notifications thing on android is a terrible experience compared to bb10 which I personally still use. She asked me to fix stuff she hates or has issue with and the more I try to them more I realize android is light years behind bb10 in usability. Like so many better systems the one with most users wins the race and we have to suffer with it. Lets hope a fix is on the way. phones are only useful if you get notified of msgs so pretty big deal in my opinion.
    06-14-17 09:19 AM
    No timed "do not disturb", but my daughter turns it on and off manually when she is at school. Last week it stayed on and would not turn off.
    I frigged with it, gave up and factory reset the phone. All good for now.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 10:49 AM
    Same issue here with my DTEK50. DND has another issue which I just opened a ticket with BlackBerry and Sent device logs about. LED still blinks when in DND mode. Heard back that seniors could reproduce.
    06-14-17 05:20 PM
    The list of issues with BB Android is really getting long. This DND issue with volume and LED has been going on since I bought mine on black Fri 2016. Now BB Calendar and Task app reminders/notifications mysteriously stop working after some period of time, and I only notice when sitting in front of Outlook. Now BBM seems to be experiencing an outage in the US and CAN.
    06-27-17 08:58 AM
    Mine has the same DND issue, however I was under the impression it was an android issue, not just DTEK50
    06-29-17 07:57 AM
    In my experience it's not. In my nexus 7 tablet on same android version it's working as it should
    06-30-17 07:49 AM
    I downloaded the "sound profile" app. Problem solved.
    06-30-17 03:32 PM
    I downloaded the "sound profile" app. Problem solved.
    Is THIS the app you installed?

Free version or paid version?
    07-02-17 11:04 AM
    That's the badger! I just went for the free version which does everything that I want it to.
    Ethynil likes this.
    07-02-17 12:03 PM
    This is an android bug not blackberry. I know this because I found the cure on an android forum and none of the phones where people were having issues were BlackBerry.

Seems to happen if you have settings to total silent and not as much priority only

If your phone gets stuck in dnd mode and you can't get it to switch off just create an automatic rule in the past and it resets.
    07-03-17 02:09 PM
    Man, you got my hopes up. I tried toggling priority only instead of DND to test it out. Volume still stays all the way down coming out of priority only. We all really want this fixed.
    07-03-17 02:59 PM
    Not an Android bug but it seems devices specific since I have two other devices on Marshmallow and DND works as expected on them
    07-04-17 01:23 AM
    I had the same issue a few months ago and the only thing that solved the issue was to lower the volume all the way to zero and then push it again to vibrate and raise the volume and repeat a few times and finally raise the volume and then the DND would let me touch it to shut it off.

Good luck.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    07-04-17 02:45 AM
    I had the same issue a few months ago and the only thing that solved the issue was to lower the volume all the way to zero and then push it again to vibrate and raise the volume and repeat a few times and finally raise the volume and then the DND would let me touch it to shut it off.

Good luck.
    Holy smokes, you're right! That works! I'm in shock! Thanks for that suggestion and fix!
    07-04-17 06:50 AM
    I'll try that next time, I just go in settings on the device rather than from notification bar and press auto rules and create a rule. Don't actually create anything for some reason it just knocks DND off if it's stuck.
    Confused as to how this solves the volume not turning back up like jcbrunson describes. I thought that was the issue.
    07-04-17 02:02 PM
    It solved all of the issues for me.
    07-04-17 03:45 PM
    Which issues, needing to turn the volume back on after coming out of Dnd mode?
    07-04-17 04:01 PM
    The issue where you get stuck in DND mode, but it fixed the volume issue forever too for me.
    07-04-17 04:06 PM
    Not for me, it was never stuck, it just didn't put back the volume seting as before DND...
    07-04-17 04:22 PM
    OK, still confused, bare with me. When my volume doesn't switch back to normal in the morning after my alarm has gone off I just turn up the volume again so how is turning up and down as described solved that or are we experiencing different things here?
    If I'm stuck in Dnd mode I do what I posted earlier if my volume is low I just turn it back up.
    Sorry if I'm missing the point or are you saying you can't turn your volume back up because I don't get that issue.
    07-04-17 04:25 PM
    I'm sorry, I meant that in my case, when I turn off DND the volume is at minimum/mute and I have to turn it on with the volume rockers. It never gut stuck in DND for me, so I couldn't go out of the mode...
    07-04-17 04:29 PM
36 12