http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...android-photos

Here's a hands-on from theverge.

Posted via CB10
    Good review
    07-27-16 07:46 AM
    So, in conclusion, AndroidCentral is evil and hates BlackBerry, kicks puppies and hates us all, right?
    Lol

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    07-27-16 07:59 AM
    All the other reviews I have read in anticipation about the Idol 4 were very positive...no issues with performance noted, plus they included positive comments about build quality & value. But AC says it is under powered? Looks like the Blackberry hate has already begun..unbelievable.....its a well spec'd mid range phone at a decent price...just what everyone said was needed

Posted via CB10
    Glad I wasn't the only one who picked that up. Nevertheless I've ordered one for my son

Posted via my BlackBerry p9982
    07-27-16 08:08 AM
    I absolutely HATE how true this is. If the BlackBerry logo was taken off the back, many reviewers would be praising the crap out of this phone, but slap on the bb and suddenly everyone's wondering how BlackBerry could be such a failure.

Exactly like racism, if you asked me.
    I thought AC loved the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 08:22 AM
    They clocked it down for better performance to battery life ratio.
    07-27-16 10:02 AM
    They clocked it down for better performance to battery life ratio.
    That can be a good thing IF they found the right balance.

07-27-16 10:19 AM
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...android-photos

Here's a hands-on from theverge.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent fair review. Finally people are understanding why security matters. And why zero day patches matter. Can't wait to get this week of August 8 th

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    07-27-16 10:36 AM
    How did android Central scoop Crackberry on their hands on review of the new phone?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Does it really matter

Flatman likes this.
    07-27-16 10:53 AM
    Does it really matter

For those who want to stir the pot, and come here for that purpose...sure it does. To others who come here to get information and opinions on this new, midrange device from BlackBerry...it does not, at all.
    07-27-16 11:43 AM
    So, in conclusion, AndroidCentral is evil and hates BlackBerry, kicks puppies and hates us all, right?
    Lol

Well, they gave a good review to the Priv, even listed it in their best phones.. But we've to admit there was some sort of unneeded negativity in the article about the brand, same stuff we see in a lot of websites.

To be honest I also see a lot of objective articles talking about BlackBerry.. Its down to the writer, not the website.. Some people feel the need to make fun of anything that's not trendy and they just criticize for the sake of criticizing.
    07-27-16 11:52 AM
    Yup lol. It seems like the majority of people on this forum are enterprise customers. They seem very out of touch with the average consumer walking into a carrier store.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has NEVER been in touch with the average consumer walking into a carrier store. Even when they had lots of consumers buying their phones, it was almost an accident. They are much more comfortable with B2B than B2C.

At least they are learning not to worry as much about consumers. This phone won't even be sold in carrier stores in the US, so that Blackberry doesn't have to deal with delays in patching.

I'm sure BlackBerry would love for consumers to buy this phone, but that's not their priority.

Most consumers wouldn't pay extra for Blackberry's Hardware Root of Trust, or faster security patches, for that matter. It would be idiotic for BlackBerry to try to please that sector of the market, because they have no competitive advantages there.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 12:35 PM
    Just look at the reviews for the nextbit Robin and ZTE Axon 7 and even the Idol 4s.

If you pay attention to the reviews, even negatives get reworded into a positive.

Things like, oh, this doesn't have the same premium feel as the samsung galaxy but it's still quite nice.

For BlackBerry it would be, this has a cheap finish.

It's a total joke.

If a cheap Chinese manufacturer released the DTek50 it would be praised.

If a Chinese company released the BlackBerry suite instead of BlackBerry, people would be all over it and how thoughtful and useful the additions are. But since BlackBerry released it, everything is redundant, useless, or some other variation of a negative.

#whatisclassic
    07-27-16 12:54 PM
    Blackberry has NEVER been in touch with the average consumer walking into a carrier store. Even when they had lots of consumers buying their phones, it was almost an accident. They are much more comfortable with B2B than B2C.

At least they are learning not to worry as much about consumers. This phone won't even be sold in carrier stores in the US, so that Blackberry doesn't have to deal with delays in patching.

I'm sure BlackBerry would love for consumers to buy this phone, but that's not their priority.

Most consumers wouldn't pay extra for Blackberry's Hardware Root of Trust, or faster security patches, for that matter. It would be idiotic for BlackBerry to try to please that sector of the market, because they have no competitive advantages there.

Posted via CB10
    Very true.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 01:25 PM
    For those who want to stir the pot, and come here for that purpose...sure it does. To others who come here to get information and opinions on this new, midrange device from BlackBerry...it does not, at all.
    More than likely Blaze wants to do a more in depth methodical analysis of the phone. The who gets the scoop first is overrated. Think you are reaching my friend.

07-27-16 01:58 PM
    More than likely Blaze wants to do a more in depth methodical analysis of the phone. The who gets the scoop first is overrated. Think you are reaching my friend.

That's exactly what he was addressing. To some, these things are a big deal. To others, not at all.
    07-27-16 02:14 PM
    Pretty simple.

Daniel is in Toronto. BlackBerry has an office in Toronto. Daniel went to said office and picked up DTEK50. I, however, am spending the summer with my son in Arizona and couldn't be flying us both to Toronto, then back to Arizona, then eventually back to Halifax where I live just to pick up a DTEK50.

Android Central is one of our own sites, and it runs Android anyway, so it's not outside of logic for them to have it posted, Is it ideal? Nah, not really but it is what it is and realistically, if I wanted to I could have had Daniel write it for CrackBerry but then you'd just be mad saying 'Why did you allow this to be posted!!' LOL.

Half the time the comments here are 'F Android' 'Android sucks' 'Nope, doesn't run BB10 it can die in a fire', so really, a few extra days and more time with the device than two hours before presenting a hands-on or review is not going to kill anyone anyway.
    jope28, hawklet00, Ecm and 10 others like this.
    07-27-16 02:56 PM
    Not surprising. When was the last Crackberry exclusive?

Posted via CB10
    I would consider AC's hands-on as exclusive, but that's me.

Posted via CB10

If you consider AC's hands-on an 'exclusive' then you should know when CB had the last 'exclusive'.. when I told you it was a re-branded Alcatel back in May before anyone else lol. - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rumor-1074099/
    07-27-16 03:13 PM
    If you consider AC's hands-on an 'exclusive' then you should know when CB had the last 'exclusive'.. when I told you it was a re-branded Alcatel back in May before anyone else lol. - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rumor-1074099/
    I thought that was a rumoured rumor that you weren't sure was real or not.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:24 PM
    http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-vienna

That was a good one.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:26 PM
    I thought that was a rumoured rumor that you weren't sure was real or not.

Posted via CB10
    That turned out to be right lol.
    07-27-16 03:30 PM
    Evolution. Consider it like a Pokemon..
    07-27-16 03:31 PM
    Evolution.
    True.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:35 PM
    Pretty simple.

Daniel is in Toronto. BlackBerry has an office in Toronto. Daniel went to said office and picked up DTEK50. I, however, am spending the summer with my son in Arizona and couldn't be flying us both to Toronto, then back to Arizona, then eventually back to Halifax where I live just to pick up a DTEK50.

Android Central is one of our own sites, and it runs Android anyway, so it's not outside of logic for them to have it posted, Is it ideal? Nah, not really but it is what it is and realistically, if I wanted to I could have had Daniel write it for CrackBerry but then you'd just be mad saying 'Why did you allow this to be posted!!' LOL.

Half the time the comments here are 'F Android' 'Android sucks' 'Nope, doesn't run BB10 it can die in a fire', so really, a few extra days and more time with the device than two hours before presenting a hands-on or review is not going to kill anyone anyway.
    Thank you, you just illustrated my point

Bla1ze likes this.
    07-27-16 03:44 PM
    ... 'F Android' 'Android sucks' 'Nope, doesn't run BB10 it can die in a fire', so really, a few extra days and more time with the device than two hours before presenting a hands-on or review is not going to kill anyone anyway.
    I like the sound of that lol

Bla1ze likes this.
    07-27-16 03:44 PM
    so really, a few extra days and more time with the device than two hours before presenting a hands-on or review is not going to kill anyone anyway.
    We did have to extinguish the torches and confiscate the pitchforks.
    Laura Knotek and gvs1341 like this.
    07-27-16 06:04 PM
97 1234