Chen seems to be his own worst enemy with statements like that. He desperately needs to get BB devices out into stores where people can see them. Other than the isolated AT&T store with the Priv, I haven't seen a DTEK50 anywhere. I want to get one in my hands and play with it before purchasing. I like to touch the hardware first.

That's the one problem that I'm not sure how they overcome.... Chen saying to investors that he'll shutdown hardware if it doesn't make money, kinda hurts his chances with enterprise. Especially coming off the short lived BB10 experiment.

Paired with his past statements of the importance of the US Enterprise & Government markets to BlackBerry, and the total lack of Carrier support and only 50% airwave support in the US market. Not sure how many US Enterprise customers will be buying..... at least not right away. Probably another chicken/egg problem for BlackBerry. They need customers to make hardware profitable and to keep making device - customers need assurances that BlackBerry will keep making hardware.
    09-04-16 04:20 PM
    Well, it seems that Blackberry is officially on deathwatch. Since it is time to have a wake, I'll bring the Jamison's and Bushmills. At least we can say goodbye with some good whiskey.
    10-29-16 10:51 AM
    Add:
    e) It does not need the latest mondo-maxi processor and 8 gb of ram since it is not a gaming phone, but a business/enterprise phone for productivity.

I just thought about that later as my wife was fussing at the kids for gaming on the phone.
    Well, it may not have the latest processor and a huge amount of ram, but it is good enough for gaming. I'm a casual gamer, I don't play much in my DTEK50 but so far so good, the only problem is that battery life is bad when playing.
    11-01-16 10:55 AM
78 ... 234