Those three swipe gestures are accessed from within any app or any state of the device. You don't have to go back to your home screen and then find the Hub icon and press it.

The productivity tab is deeply integrated with the BlackBerry apps. It operates very much like peak in bb10. A third party app doesn't come close to replicating this.

The actual price difference is $76 assuming you put down two years worth of Hub subscription.

I find these Blackberry exclusive features invaluable, where you do not want to give them any value whatsoever. That is your right of course.
    I know, but those gestures requiere a LONG PRESS then a gesture. and the time you take to do that, you can just go to home screen and click on the hub. Because with those gestures you're talking, all it does is that, closes one app and opens another (hub), in BB10, the hub OVERLAYS the app.

The productivity tab gives you some functionality of the peek, but the organic is nowere the same. BB10's "peek" has at least 3 functions, Information glance, slide to hub and close apps.

I find PKB invaluable, that's why i paid 780€ (more than 900$) for my priv. But I'm not the center of the world, and judging by the sales, the PKB isn't actually worth much, BB/android apps are even less. But that's me, and Dtek50 wasn't made for me or for you, it was made to have a much wider apeal and MAKE MONEY. Sell a lot.

The Dtek50, very much like the Priv, are overpriced for everybody that doesn't care about security (most of the world). The Dtek50 even more since it's the first blackberry without bespoke hardware, it's an alcatel Idol4 as much as people here hate to say it. My beloved PKB is not worth much, youre BB apps are worth close to nothing, they are worth to us, not to the rest of people BB is trying to sell phones.

If you think those apps are worth anything valuable we can start emailing waterloo for the new Priv2 loaded with BB10
    09-19-16 09:37 AM
    I know, but those gestures requiere a LONG PRESS then a gesture. and the time you take to do that, you can just go to home screen and click on the hub. Because with those gestures you're talking, all it does is that, closes one app and opens another (hub), in BB10, the hub OVERLAYS the app.

The productivity tab gives you some functionality of the peek, but the organic is nowere the same. BB10's "peek" has at least 3 functions, Information glance, slide to hub and close apps.

I find PKB invaluable, that's why i paid 780� (more than 900$) for my priv. But I'm not the center of the world, and judging by the sales, the PKB isn't actually worth much, BB/android apps are even less. But that's me, and Dtek50 wasn't made for me or for you, it was made to have a much wider apeal and MAKE MONEY. Sell a lot.

The Dtek50, very much like the Priv, are overpriced for everybody that doesn't care about security (most of the world). The Dtek50 even more since it's the first blackberry without bespoke hardware, it's an alcatel Idol4 as much as people here hate to say it. My beloved PKB is not worth much, youre BB apps are worth close to nothing, they are worth to us, not to the rest of people BB is trying to sell phones.

If you think those apps are worth anything valuable we can start emailing waterloo for the new Priv2 loaded with BB10
    No, the gesture is a quick swipe. No long hold. That's what makes the BlackBerry implementation better than other launchers.

The productivity tab has additional features. Not only can you peek at the HUB, but a slide gesture peeks into calendar, contacts, and tasks. All tightly integrated with the BlackBerry App suite.

You clearly want to dislike the BlackBerry value add at all costs. To me $76 is a bargain for the security and UI enhancements.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-19-16 09:41 AM
    Swipe gestures, those were something on BB10, I dont think the swipe from the home button is anything to brag about, it's not more productive or fast than going to homescreen and press Hub. productivity tab, you can get the samsung one, even if is not as good. The frame screen is nothing. Is all those thing worth 100$ or more? Sorry, you can print any color you want, that isn't worth 5$, let alone 100$. And you can say "they are worth 500$ to me", because that's irrelevant, the rest of the market is what's relevant, me and you in isolation mean nothing.

The truth is someone outside Blackberry is going to look at most of the apps and put in the same bag as samsung's bloatware (even if they are actually usefull)
    Man, it's so nice that your opinions are fact. I need to consult you in the future if I want definitive proof if something is good or not. *saves info*

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-19-16 09:45 AM
    No, the gesture is a quick swipe. No long hold. That's what makes the BlackBerry implementation better than other launchers.

The productivity tab has additional features. Not only can you peek at the HUB, but a slide gesture peeks into calendar, contacts, and tasks. All tightly integrated with the BlackBerry App suite.

You clearly want to dislike the BlackBerry value add at all costs. To me $76 is a bargain for the security and UI enhancements.
    Hey, come on, wake up, if he thinks it's worth nothing, then it's worth nothing. Come on, don't argue with the guy whose opinions are actually fact. Opinions are only just opinions for the rest of us...

09-19-16 09:48 AM

I don't want to dislike the value, I would love to like that value, what I thnik you're missing is the whole reason while Blackberry went Android, is to apeal to other people that aren't blackberry costomers, and I don't think phones like the Dtek50 apeal to them, the features they come with apeal to blackberry users, not the rest that new Android Blackberry era aims. We here at Blackberry were supper happy with BB10, but BB10 wouldn't keep Blackberry afloat.

You're not think outside the box, outside Crackberry, I think that's the problem in the perceived value. Blackberry isn't going to sustain with a couple of guy's money here at CB. Like I said with the PKB, it has so much value to me, but in reallity it doesn't
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 09-19-16 at 10:09 AM.
    09-19-16 09:59 AM
    Man, it's so nice that your opinions are fact. I need to consult you in the future if I want definitive proof if something is good or not. *saves info*

You know what's a fact? the sales numbers. And judging by the priv, the facts so far are on my side. Priv's a great phone, great value for me and others here, the fact is that sales were poor, the market told you that the PKB and BB apps weren't worth a premium.

Wich more facts do you need? You're did you just come here to flame and not contribute to the discussion?
    09-19-16 10:03 AM
    Can anyone find idol 4 pricing that's not attached to plan rate discounts?

The only one I could find was on amazon and it went for $329.00 us

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 10:04 AM
    I don't want to dislike the value, I would love to like that value, what I thnik you're missing is the whole reason while Blackberry went Android, is to apeal to other people that aren't blackberry costomers, and I don't think phones like the Dtek50 apeal to them, the features they come with apeal to blackberry users, not the rest that new Android Blackberry era aims. We here at Blackberry were supper happy with BB10, but BB10 wouldn't keep Blackberry afloat.

You're not think outside the box, outside Crackberry, I think that's the problem in the perceived value. Blackberry isn't going tu sustain with a couple of guy's money here at CB. Like I said with the PKB, it has so much value to me, but in reallity it doesn't
    The DTEK50 is targeted to businesses as part of their EMM end to end solution. The security alone is more than worth the extra $100.

The additional UI features have been well received by tech reviewers, and remain another differentiating factor for consumers. What is your alternative? Just push out a vanilla Android UI device similar to a Nexus?
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-19-16 10:13 AM
    The DTEK50 is targeted to businesses as part of their EMM end to end solution. The security alone is more than worth the extra $100.
    Never argued about the Security part. I admit that I don't need security myself, but I never do myself as a role model of the human being, I know there are plenty of people that need it. I wrote many times here that If i had a company, the Dtek50 would be probably my first choice

I live in portugal, using your mobile phone to make payments isn't a thing here yet. When it does start being a thing, I might see it was a more important thing to me.
    auditman likes this.
    09-19-16 10:21 AM
    That will only bring you the keyboard. You still do not get the Blackberry swipe gestures, the productivity tab, or the active frame screen.

Considering the entire list of extras, the $100 premium for the DTEK50 is a bargain.
    Lol
    I was with you until you called the $100 premium "a bargain".
    I don't see a problem with it since everyone gets to decide what the added 'BlackBerry Sauce' is worth to them and the sales numbers will speak for themselves.

It has different value for everyone, but calling it a 'bargain' is interesting lol , more like a good premium security buy imo.

Still surprised that the Idol4 there has Android 6.

What is weird about the "premium" paid is that you have to keep paying for that premium when you upgrade from a BlackBerry Android device to another BlackBerry Android device. It's a bit different than what we're used to from a 'Software' company.
    Almost similar to the Windows licensing fees that Microsoft charges OEM's, but then again, they're licensing their own complete OS lol.

Well, appraisal of its value is for the market to determine. Sales figures will have the last word on that "..more than worth the extra $100."

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    Last edited by jope28; 09-19-16 at 11:03 AM.
    09-19-16 10:40 AM
    Lol
    I was with you until you called the $100 premium "a bargain".
    I don't see a problem with it since everyone gets to decide what the added 'BlackBerry Sauce' is worth to them and the sales numbers will speak for themselves.

It has different value for everyone, but calling it a 'bargain' is interesting lol , more like a good premium security buy imo.

Still surprised that the Idol4 there has Android 6.

What is weird about the "premium" paid is that you have to keep paying for that premium when you upgrade from a BlackBerry Android device to another BlackBerry Android device. It's a bit different than what we're used to from a 'Software' company.
    Almost similar to the Windows licensing fees that Microsoft charges OEM's, but then again, they're licensing their own complete OS lol.

Well, appraisal of its value is for the market to determine. Sales figures will have the last word on that "..more than worth the extra $100."

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    With the BlackPhone 2 still at $799 with its Snapdragon 615 SoC, I do find the $199+$100 DTEK50 a bargain. Whether BlackBerry can get the word out to the right people is another issue entirely.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-19-16 11:19 AM
    I know, but those gestures requiere a LONG PRESS then a gesture.
    Have you even used a Priv or a DTEK50? There's no long press here. Just a simple swipe up (or diagonal left/right) from the home button.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-19-16 11:41 AM
    You know what's a fact? the sales numbers. And judging by the priv, the facts so far are on my side. Priv's a great phone, great value for me and others here, the fact is that sales were poor, the market told you that the PKB and BB apps weren't worth a premium.

Wich more facts do you need? You're did you just come here to flame and not contribute to the discussion?
    Priv is a great value? How rich are you? Lol. And the Priv is the size of my desktop monitor and has moving parts. Plenty of people would be turned off by that, including me. But don't worry, I understand now that my opinion is wrong now that yours contradict mine. Oops.

09-19-16 11:54 AM
    Never argued about the Security part. I admit that I don't need security myself, but I never do myself as a role model of the human being, I know there are plenty of people that need it. I wrote many times here that If i had a company, the Dtek50 would be probably my first choice

I live in portugal, using your mobile phone to make payments isn't a thing here yet. When it does start being a thing, I might see it was a more important thing to me.
    Your identity is worth 100x that of your credit card info, just saying...

09-19-16 11:56 AM
    Have you even used a Priv or a DTEK50? There's no long press here. Just a simple swipe up (or diagonal left/right) from the home button.
    Claims to have a Priv, which apparently was a great value. I guess he got some discount nobody else got...

09-19-16 11:59 AM
    Your identity is worth 100x that of your credit card info, just saying...

why do you store your identity in your phone? Everybody that picks my phone won't find much more that they can find on me. I just have contacts, emails, and some pictures (not embarassing ones), so everything is worth a lot to me, but is worthless to anybody else.

And if you're worried about your identity, buy a Iphone or Windows phone, because google's main business model is data mining, is selling your information for Ads. That's why Android is "free"
    09-19-16 09:37 PM
    Priv is a great value? How rich are you? Lol. And the Priv is the size of my desktop monitor and has moving parts. Plenty of people would be turned off by that, including me. But don't worry, I understand now that my opinion is wrong now that yours contradict mine. Oops.

Wich part of "great value FOR ME" did you miss?

I'm "rich" enough to buy a phone with a PKB that I prefer, paid upfront. Now, what does that matter to you and this conversation? I can even tell you my sister's underwear color if it's of any relevance
    09-19-16 09:40 PM
    I own a priv, there's reviews of my exact phone on this forum.

I don't use that feature, I went back to my phone and tried it again, and you're right. I bought my phone on launch, it was very buggy, and I'm pretty sure you really had to do a small pause before moving your finger to the right, otherwise it would be a hit and miss.

With that said, I take back the long press
    09-19-16 09:42 PM
    Claims to have a Priv, which apparently was a great value. I guess he got some discount nobody else got...

is this enough for you to verify my "claim"?
    Alcatel IDOL 4 (aka BlackBerry DTEK50) with VR Pack selling for 0 from Cricket-img_20160920_0358150.jpg

I got the european discount, wich is a retail price of 780€+ shipping wich equated to around 900$ US. And that seat back there in the corner was in the bundle for free

You can keep going with your flaming, doing zero contribution to this thread so far. Love your quoting other people just to flame against me, how classy

Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 09-19-16 at 10:29 PM.
    09-19-16 09:44 PM
    Please someone just find the price of a unlocked non network idol 4 and compare the price to the dtek50. It will stop the bickering.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 10:28 PM
    Please someone just find the price of a unlocked non network idol 4 and compare the price to the dtek50. It will stop the bickering.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know in America or Canada, but here in Europe it's 379€ for Dtek50. The idol4 with VR kit is 299€, and Vodafone in my country is seling without VR for 289€. Prices are high, because taxes are big here
    09-19-16 10:32 PM
    Don't know in America or Canada, but here in Europe it's 379� for Dtek50. The idol4 with VR kit is 299�, and Vodafone in my country is seling without VR for 289�. Prices are high, because taxes are big here
    The only idol 4 I found was $329 us, versus $299 for dtek.
    09-19-16 11:40 PM
    Wich part of "great value FOR ME" did you miss?

I'm "rich" enough to buy a phone with a PKB that I prefer, paid upfront. Now, what does that matter to you and this conversation? I can even tell you my sister's underwear color if it's of any relevance
    The color doesn't, but tell me her full name and phone number. It's worthless to us right? I'll be right here when you post it.

09-20-16 07:02 AM
    is this enough for you to verify my "claim"?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160920_0358150.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	408630

I got the european discount, wich is a retail price of 780�+ shipping wich equated to around 900$ US. And that seat back there in the corner was in the bundle for free

You can keep going with your flaming, doing zero contribution to this thread so far. Love your quoting other people just to flame against me, how classy

http://i.giphy.com/12xWfDQcGkbU1W.gif
    Only $900USD? What a bargain, why haven't everyone else bought the phone? Must be because nobody wants the OS features. That's the only conclusion I can come to...

09-20-16 07:05 AM
    The only idol 4 I found was $329 us, versus $299 for dtek.
    Same here, Idol 4 costs more than DTEK 50. But anyway, none of that matters because, you know, reasons...

09-20-16 07:07 AM
76 1234