Hello!

Since yesterday my DTEK50 only shows a black display after reboot and an error message is displayed stating that the User Interface could not be started. The only UI elements I can see is a short glimpse of the background image while waking up the phone and if I press the power button I get to the shutdown menu.

Does anyone have an idea how to either fix this issue or how to save the data from the internal storage to transfer it to a new phone?

Thank you!

Simon
    10-13-18 09:17 AM
    Hello!

Since yesterday my DTEK50 only shows a black display after reboot and an error message is displayed stating that the User Interface could not be started. The only UI elements I can see is a short glimpse of the background image while waking up the phone and if I press the power button I get to the shutdown menu.

Does anyone have an idea how to either fix this issue or how to save the data from the internal storage to transfer it to a new phone?

Thank you!

Simon
    Your info is gone. Hopefully you have everything synced to the cloud.
    10-13-18 10:17 AM
    Most important data is synced. But I would like to know what the issue is and if I can fix my phone or if I need to buy a new one.
    10-13-18 10:55 AM
    Most important data is synced. But I would like to know what the issue is and if I can fix my phone or if I need to buy a new one.
    Try the Mobile Update Tool.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-tool-1117513/
    10-13-18 03:12 PM
    Is this for the Dteks though? Reading the posts, appears to be for the Keyone??
    10-14-18 08:35 AM
    Is this for the Dteks though? Reading the posts, appears to be for the Keyone??
    It will work for the DTEKs ONLY if an appropriate OS is available for the device that won't brick it - and the DTEK50 would be OK.
    10-14-18 11:01 AM
    It will work for the DTEKs ONLY if an appropriate OS is available for the device that won't brick it - and the DTEK50 would be OK.
    Without trying to be rude, are you sure?
    Have an STH100-2, PRD 69281-005, and, according to BB 'there is no appropriate OS autoloder for this model' ??
    Having had various problems that now mean the phone refuses to use any other signal than 'E' after the May 'update' (I have tried all other means of 'resetting' including a 'factory' reset, nothing has sorted it. ) Will an autoloader with appropriate OS be any worse??
    10-15-18 04:03 PM
    Without trying to be rude, are you sure?
    Have an STH100-2, PRD 69281-005, and, according to BB 'there is no appropriate OS autoloder for this model' ??
    Having had various problems that now mean the phone refuses to use any other signal than 'E' after the May 'update' (I have tried all other means of 'resetting' including a 'factory' reset, nothing has sorted it. ) Will an autoloader with appropriate OS be any worse??
    ABB046 is up for all variants of the DTEK50 on the server - which the Mobile Update Tool has access to.

If the device is recognized at all, the process should then complete without incident.

But, like anything, there is always a low probability of something bad happening due to something unexpected.
    10-15-18 04:52 PM