Hi,

Purchased the Dtek50 on release here in the Netherlands but I have to send it back in for repair for the 3rd time,
    First time the screen cracked without a clear cause, turned out to be that the device got hot and bulged, shop replaced entire device,
    2 months ago the 3.5mm ear plug connection started to cut out,
    they repaired it under warranty,
    And since mid last week the 3.5 mm connection got somehow pushed back into the device so the usb plug barely reached the connection and it stops charging randomly,

Are there more people which many issues with their Dtek50?
    01-08-17 01:59 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problems.

As you can see from a thread I've just started, I'm thinking of getting a Dtek50 but from what I'm reading in this CB forum, so many are having issues with this particular device that I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

Such a pity or are these people just a small bunch of unlucky souls.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    01-08-17 05:10 AM
    Hi,

Purchased the Dtek50 on release here in the Netherlands but I have to send it back in for repair for the 3rd time,
    First time the screen cracked without a clear cause, turned out to be that the device got hot and bulged, shop replaced entire device,
    2 months ago the 3.5mm ear plug connection started to cut out,
    they repaired it under warranty,
    And since mid last week the 3.5 mm connection got somehow pushed back into the device so the usb plug barely reached the connection and it stops charging randomly,

Are there more people which many issues with their Dtek50?
    What do you mean exactly when you say "3.5mm SOMEHOW pushed back......"?
    I don't imagine it just happened on its own while sitting there?

I have had zero issues with my 50.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-08-17 05:28 AM
    To have so many unrelated hardware problems in such a short time suggests the opening poster is being unduly careless with the device.

I've had zero issues with my 50.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-08-17 10:14 AM
    I have a number of DTEK50 devices. No issues with any of them. Very well built in my opinion.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-08-17 10:17 AM
    01-08-17 10:45 AM
    Agree with Conite. I had zero issues with my DTEK50 as well. Naturally, defects or complaints will always outweigh and outnumber positive comments. That's human nature but combine that with a device that didn't exactly sell a ton and the issues become more highly scrutinized. While I don't use my DTEK50 anymore because of lack of Fingerprint scanner and finding it a pain to unlock all the time, I still like it better than the DTEK60. If you like your DTEK50 you will get a solid model hopefully soon to replace your bad one. If you're on the fence, give it a shot...if you don't mind using pin/pattern/code to unlock it's a great device. And you have a return period.
    01-08-17 12:35 PM
    Sorry to hear about your problems.

As you can see from a thread I've just started, I'm thinking of getting a Dtek50 but from what I'm reading in this CB forum, so many are having issues with this particular device that I'm beginning to have second thoughts.

Such a pity or are these people just a small bunch of unlucky souls.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    From what I am reading he is the only one having hardware issues, so...you are making erroneus assumptions by extrapolating one to "so many".
    I, like many others, have no issues.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-08-17 12:57 PM
    No issues with our two DTEK50 devices. Wife pre-ordered hers from BlackBerry and I ordered through B&H.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-08-17 12:57 PM