The battery is crap on your DTEK50, I believe you. The battery is NOT crap on my DTEK50, believe me, lol.

There's so many variables involved it's not worth listing. I just reject your general characterization of the DTEK50 as a battery eater.

Not true. But in your case, you should definitely look for something that you're happier using! The S7 is a good start, imho.
    If you think the battery life is acceptable on the DTEK50, buy an iPhone and you'll be absolutely blown away. My iPhone SE was getting 27 hours battery life with WiFi on most of the time and even a little bit of GPS, lots of messaging..

My Lumia 640 goes 1.5 days on a single charge. I bought two DTEK50's. I returned one direct to Blackberry because I got 5 hours screen time and it was toast....

I joined the BETA with my 2nd DTEK50 and whilst it's better, im still charging twice per day.

Please don't make out the DTEK50'S battery is good. Most people on this forum say it isn't and most if not all of the professional phone reviewers list the battery as the weakest point the phone has to offer.

IF.....and I mean IF your battery life is good, you must be sending 1-10 SMS per day. If you stream, play a game, use GPS, your battery will take a huge hit.

Future updates will help but the moral of the story is that Blackberry needed to put a bigger battery in the DTEK50.
    09-11-16 06:54 PM
    Finally, some people spoke up the reality.
    09-11-16 07:50 PM
    I know what you mean. Android has to work on lots of different devices whereas iOS for example, just has to work on 3-4 phones and several iPads, all of which have similar builds in the hardware department.

What you're describing is one of the biggest pitfalls of android as a whole. I've still got my DTEK50 and do you want to know the only thing keeping it here with me? Password Keeper. What a truly fantastic bit of software. The battery might be poor, android may be gathering my private data for Google to profit from and the power on time may be ridiculous, but Password Keeper is a gift from God.
    I agree completely. And let's be honest, with each update Android has been getting better and better. It's not anymore the LAG fest, or apps crashing all the time in Android 4. Today's Android 6 is very stable, responsive and reliable compared to what it was a few years ago, and it will only get better.
    vimagreg likes this.
    09-11-16 08:43 PM
    I agree completely. And let's be honest, with each update Android has been getting better and better. It's not anymore the LAG fest, or apps crashing all the time in Android 4. Today's Android 6 is very stable, responsive and reliable compared to what it was a few years ago, and it will only get better.
    Totally agree with you. Allas read all your post on this thread and agreed with every single one. People say Android doesn't lag simply makes me laugh. I have S7 Edge. Had S, S2, S3, S6, the 3 first GNotes... All have huge lags. And occasional crashes. But it's not just Samsung as somebody said. Had Moto X, X2, G3: lags and crashes. Sony? I had Z, Z3... lags and crashes. Let's talk about LG? Maybe G4? Lags and crashes. Nexus? I had the first, the 3rd, 5X, and guess what? Now, look how amazing. I had, too, every single iPhone (except 6 and both 6S): no lags, freezes or crashes at all. Blackberry? I have Passport. Works like a charm. Perfect. Smooth. Let's talk about Lumias? 710, 920, 925, 1020, 820... Absolutely no problems (except lack of apps, of course). Yes, I like smartphones. I used to have a blog about it. I tested a lot of them. Could name few others I had, but you got my point, in which I agree with you: Android is VERY poorly encoded. I won't call it garbage but I think I could. People need to accept they don't have to convince the world their phone is the best. It IS the best for them, and that's enough. Android have lots of problems. iOS have tons of problems. BB10, well, is dead. The question is what everyone wants personally, and because somebody posts their difficulties with some gadget or system he or she don't need to be attacked for this. It is his or her opinion. Maybe it can be useful for somebody. Good it was posted, them.

My two cents.

Cheers, and peace.
    Joao Oliveira and sidtek50 like this.
    09-11-16 09:14 PM
    If you think the battery life is acceptable on the DTEK50, buy an iPhone and you'll be absolutely blown away. My iPhone SE was getting 27 hours battery life with WiFi on most of the time and even a little bit of GPS, lots of messaging..

My Lumia 640 goes 1.5 days on a single charge. I bought two DTEK50's. I returned one direct to Blackberry because I got 5 hours screen time and it was toast....

I joined the BETA with my 2nd DTEK50 and whilst it's better, im still charging twice per day.

Please don't make out the DTEK50'S battery is good. Most people on this forum say it isn't and most if not all of the professional phone reviewers list the battery as the weakest point the phone has to offer.

IF.....and I mean IF your battery life is good, you must be sending 1-10 SMS per day. If you stream, play a game, use GPS, your battery will take a huge hit.

Future updates will help but the moral of the story is that Blackberry needed to put a bigger battery in the DTEK50.
    Nice diatribe. I already have an iPhone 6 and I'm not going to compare the battery life to the DTEK50. One is a premium flagship device and the other is a low to mid range device.

My battery life IS GOOD, and I sent more than 1-10 SMS per day, have 3 email accounts synced, check Reddit, CrackBerry, and surf the web while I'm at it. I don't need you to question my moderate usage, or my credibility, thanks.

I don't disagree that the battery size on the DTEK50 isn't the minimum required for a day of moderate usage. But you can make your own conclusions, and leave me out of it. I'm happy with it as a daily driver, and I'm confident that the average user won't be disappointed with the battery life either. Based on your rant, I doubt you represent the average user, especially when you mentioned gaming.

Most people I know don't use their phones for games, sorry.
    09-11-16 09:34 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 10:45 AM
    Android Eclair and Froyo were a mess, it got better with Gingerbread and Ice Cream, Motorola was finally getting rid of the ugly and resource hog Motoblur but Samsung still uses the Touchwiz which is still a hog.

The 2610mAh battery isn't idea, but it's still plenty good for most purposes, I don't have battery trouble and I use my phone a lot during the day. Really not sure what people are doing to their DTEK to kill the battery so quick... syncing every 15 minutes and 100% brightness at all times (auto brightness eats battery too) or what?
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-12-16 12:40 PM
    Android Eclair and Froyo were a mess, it got better with Gingerbread and Ice Cream, Motorola was finally getting rid of the ugly and resource hog Motoblur but Samsung still uses the Touchwiz which is still a hog.

The 2610mAh battery isn't idea, but it's still plenty good for most purposes, I don't have battery trouble and I use my phone a lot during the day. Really not sure what people are doing to their DTEK to kill the battery so quick... syncing every 15 minutes and 100% brightness at all times (auto brightness eats battery too) or what?
    I was introduced to Android with the Jellybean, and wasn't impressed with it, can't imagine previous versions

Actually if you look closely, iOS and Android are merging. iOS as slowly becoming more customizable, and Android is becoming more locked down but better optimized and reliable
    09-12-16 12:54 PM
    I was introduced to Android with the Jellybean, and wasn't impressed with it, can't imagine previous versions
    Actually if you look closely, iOS and Android are merging. iOS as slowly becoming more customizable, and Android is becoming more locked down but better optimized and reliable
    Nobody talks about Honeycomb, lol.
    09-13-16 01:14 PM
    Nobody talks about Honeycomb, lol.
    Because Honeycomb was exclusive to tablets.
    09-17-16 07:30 AM
60 123