Something odd just happened with my 8310 (OS 4.5.0.93). I clicked it into the plastic belt holster I always carry it in, and went out to run some errands. After about 30-40 minutes I returned home and pulled it out of the holster to check that it had properly lost connection with my bluetooth headset (another story). The face stayed dark. I tried holstering and removing it again, nothing. Messing with the buttons, including the power on/off button--unresponsive. I finally did a battery pull, and that brought it right back and after booting up the battery shows a nearly-full charge. Now it's behaving like nothing untoward ever happened.

Has anyone seen this before, or have any ideas what happened?

TIA
    11-12-08 04:40 PM
    try reinstalling the awesome operating system
    11-12-08 04:50 PM
    My wife's curve did that twice to her. Both times it was when she had it in the sleeve for a few hours. Took it out and nothing. Only a battery pull worked. It was like the magnet shutoff didn't click it back on when removing it from the sleeve. We skinned the Curve and now she doesn't use the sleeve any more, and never had it happen again.

Michael
    11-12-08 05:02 PM
    That sounds like a good description: like the magnet switch stuck or something.

I appreciate the re-install idea but I'm not convinced that would help. It's been a week or more of trouble-free obsessive playing with my BB since I upgraded the OS and if that were going to give me problems it seems it would have glitched sooner than that.
    11-12-08 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD