Hi Guys,

I came across a bold thread with a discount promotion. I was on their website and looks like they are taking pre-orders for a shield for the 8900. With the code you get 50% totalling $12.48 for a full shield. I want to purchase this, but I want some feedback on their product from some of you who may have had this skin on previous phones before I make the purchase. Code is SHOWSP09 btw, promotion ending on the 19th and shipping date is approximately Jan 27. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!
    01-17-09 02:28 AM
    I had a Invisible Shield on my 8120 and loved it. Maybe it was just me, as I know some will argue to the grave..But I had MUCH better luck with the Invisible Shield versus a Best Skin Ever I put on my 8320. The Invisible Shield seemed to hold up better, and stick longer and better. However the Invisible Shield for me was much more difficult to put on. Either case, for $12 you simply CANNOT go wrong in my opinion..I'm down I think.
    01-17-09 03:22 AM
    Hi Guys,

I came across a bold thread with a discount promotion. I was on their website and looks like they are taking pre-orders for a shield for the 8900. With the code you get 50% totalling $12.48 for a full shield. I want to purchase this, but I want some feedback on their product from some of you who may have had this skin on previous phones before I make the purchase. Code is SHOWSP09 btw, promotion ending on the 19th and shipping date is approximately Jan 27. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!
    Thanks for posting up that discount code, I've always wanted an InvisibleSHIELD but they weren't out for my device when I got it (last year). I even ended up with a scratch on the screen because of that, I've sent it off for repairs and have used the discount code for an InvisibleSHIELD screen protector.
    01-17-09 03:26 AM
    Thanks for the heads-up t.rock. I purchased just the screen shield with the promotion code for $5.98! For that price, I don't think I can go wrong
    01-17-09 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up t.rock. I purchased just the screen shield with the promotion code for $5.98! For that price, I don't think I can go wrong
    Same Here!
    01-17-09 12:52 PM
    I wanted to order 2 but it says you can only order 1 at a time. so I would incur shipping charges twice?

edit: I believe they want you to order any pre-orders seperate from non pre-orders, so I think I'm fine, got two
    Last edited by cubbyfresh; 01-17-09 at 04:13 PM.
    01-17-09 04:05 PM
    just purchased one thanks for the info
    01-17-09 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the code, t.rock! I bought the full shield too.
    01-17-09 11:55 PM
    Your welcome guys. I got the information from another posting her on CB. Didn't notice it in the 8900 forum, so decided to let you guys know just in case you don't browse the other forums.

I ended up getting the full shield too as well. Went a little crazy, got screen protectors for my gps and two digital cameras as well. I'm cheap though and opted for the free shipping. lol. So gotta wait 3 weeks after the 27th. Hopefully it doesn't take that long.
    01-18-09 12:42 AM
    Always had great results with their products. Some folks don't like how they change the tactile feel on the phone and end up taking it off. In terms of screen protection alone (what most people end up doing) I have found them to be great as well and have used it on phones and my vehicles NAV.
    01-18-09 10:37 AM
    I took advantage of the deal. Ordered two, upcoming 8900's for the wife and I.
    Thanks for sharing!
    01-18-09 11:04 AM
    uberspeed: From your past experiences with InvisibleShield, do you think it would be necessary to purchase 2 screen protectors? As of right now, I've only purchased 1 with the hope that there will be no need to replace it (i.e. corners/edges lifting up eventually). I only ask this because today is the last day the promotion code will work
    01-18-09 11:07 AM
    uberspeed: From your past experiences with InvisibleShield, do you think it would be necessary to purchase 2 screen protectors? As of right now, I've only purchased 1 with the hope that there will be no need to replace it (i.e. corners/edges lifting up eventually). I only ask this because today is the last day the promotion code will work
    I've installed their products on everything I own: (2) MacBook Pros, iPhone, iPods, Nevo Controller, 8320, 8100, DNX-5120, etc and never needed a second application.

If you're new to installing these and you're anal on the results, you might consider a second in case you mess up the install.

But besides that, once installed it isn't necessary for a back.

The only issue I have with Zagg is their shipping is SOOOOO SLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW (meaning 3 or so business days to process and then it comes via snail mail).

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by rkdiddy; 01-18-09 at 11:58 AM.
    01-18-09 11:54 AM
    Thanks rk. I've used other brands for screen applications but a few have ended up with me just removing it because corners would get lifted at some point, leaving the adhesive side exposed to dust and dirt. It would just never stick to the screen the same way.

I guess as long as the initial application goes well, there won't be any need for a 2nd.
    01-18-09 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!!
    01-18-09 12:57 PM
    just ordered the entire set (thanks to that nice coupon code) for the 8900 before I pick up a TMO one in Feb! I think I'll at least install the screen one right off the bat and see how it goes.... then I'll decide if I want to try it on the other parts of the phone!
    01-18-09 01:52 PM
    Thanks trock.. I just ordered the screen shield for the 8900 and another shield for my gps
    01-18-09 08:11 PM
    Damn - missed the sale. Now I have to wait for Best Skins Ever (same product, a whole lot cheaper - Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page ) No affiliation, etc. Just a satisfied customer who used to get InvisibleShields for everything and now gets BSEs and saves $$$.
    01-20-09 07:10 PM
    Sorry just saw this, long weekend.

The product has a lifetime warranty and is not that hard to apply. It's not as flimsy as some other inferior screen protectors available so with the applicator fluid and squeegee you can get it on right. If not, spray it off and start again. I have never had to replace one nor get a backup.

Sorry for the delayed response.
    01-20-09 07:16 PM
    damn i missed the 50 % also, BSE here i come !
    01-20-09 07:18 PM
    uh one day late
    01-20-09 09:32 PM
    ZAGG is half off on Memorial Day.

After the sale is over you can get 20-50% off discount codes at facebook.com/zaggcodes or codes4discount.com
    05-31-10 12:47 AM
    06-02-10 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD