Yeah. I didn't switch to a new device. Not even close. Once in a while when my BB crashes and restarts for some insanely strange reason (Usually Bluetooth) BBM thinks that I switched to a new device and asks if I wanted to update my contacts of my new PIN.. Which is still the same. If I say no, which I already did before by accident, it deletes all my BBM contacts..
    03-24-09 08:56 PM
    Options
    Security Options
    General Settings
    Content Protection: DISABLE this

See if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 08:57 PM
    Ahh Grazie, grazie!!
    03-24-09 09:07 PM
    Welcome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 09:14 PM
    Nice! I just learned something, thanks chrisy!

Rockford, do you know why it's crashing in the first place? That'd be something I'd want to resolve.
    03-24-09 09:16 PM
    Nice! I just learned something, thanks chrisy!

Rockford, do you know why it's crashing in the first place? That'd be something I'd want to resolve.
    Good question Sultan...
    03-24-09 09:17 PM
    This may solve the problem, but it doesn't really address the issue. The reason many people have Blackberry's are its security features. Mainly its ability to allow you to encrypt data that is on the device. Disabling content protection may fix this problem, but is it very advisable to keep content protection on for security purposes.

Anyone come up with another way to fix? Definitely a glitch in the software.

It's sort of annoying, but as long as you press yes, your contacts will still be there, they'll just be in the pending.
    09-11-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD