I'm currently having issues getting the mobile Youtube site to load it's videos. It says the video is loading, however it takes a very long time, then displays the error "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive."

At first I thought it was just the videos being down but when I do it on a WiFi connection it works just fine.

Provider is Rogers.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    08-25-09 07:10 PM
    First, have you tried to do a Battery Pull??? Leave your device on, pull the battery, leave it out 20 seconds, put your battery back in and wait for your device to boot up.

Next, are you trying to access it thru m.youtube.com ???
    08-25-09 07:36 PM
    First, have you tried to do a Battery Pull??? Leave your device on, pull the battery, leave it out 20 seconds, put your battery back in and wait for your device to boot up.

Next, are you trying to access it thru m.youtube.com ???
    Just tried the battery pull, it's a no-go. Also yeah, I'm on m.youtube.com
    08-25-09 08:02 PM
    Try a couple other video's... I've heard some people say they've had issues with some video's... another thing you could try is to go into the BB Browser > Options > Cache Operations > clear everything, then exit and it will clear what you requested to clear.
    08-25-09 08:06 PM
    Try a couple other video's... I've heard some people say they've had issues with some video's... another thing you could try is to go into the BB Browser > Options > Cache Operations > clear everything, then exit and it will clear what you requested to clear.
    Clearing the cache hasn't helped, and different vids all have the same result. My coworker and I put my SIM card into his Pearl 8110 and it had the same problem.
    08-25-09 08:23 PM
    What seems to the issue is that you want to access mobile youtube via your WAP browser -- in my case this is the "T-Mobile" browser, and I imagine you have a "Rogers Browser" for WAP as well as the standard Internet browser.

What I did is to open the WAP browser and create a bookmark pointing to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Editing the bookmark, I set "Browser' to "T-Mobile" (I'm assuming you'll have an option for "Rogers", indicating the WAP browser). I left "Browser Identification" to "Auto". Then I backed out and saved the bookmark definition.

Now, when I want to go to mobile youtube, I simply open the bookmark. It automatically uses the WAP browser, regardless of the browser I was in when I selected the bookmark -- and it works downloading and showing YouTube videos, either over EDGE or WiFi/UMA.
    08-25-09 08:32 PM
    Tried vinmontRD's method, and it still doesn't want to go. I tried with both the Rogers Mall and Hotspot Browser. Are there any other options?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 02:51 AM
    I think that when you do this using the non wifi browser, when you click the link for the video stream, the device uses the information in the WAP service book to make the connection. I saw this in the UK on one of the networks here, deleting the WAP service book provided a temporary workaround.
    08-26-09 10:24 AM
    Tried vinmontRD's method, and it still doesn't want to go. I tried with both the Rogers Mall and Hotspot Browser. Are there any other options?

One suggestion here that might give some clues -- check the event log. What I generally do when debugging is this:

- Open the Event Log (from home screen, hold down ALT while pressing LGLG then let go).

- Clear the log (I do that prior to debugging because it can get VERY full - you really only want to see events related to your issue when possible)

- Go into OPTIONs and set the "Min log level" to "debug" (lots of messages!)

- close the log

- Attempt your browsing again -- re-create the error

- Go back into the Event Log and read through it -- you might see error msgs that give you a clue as to what the errors are, what might be blocking your connection, etc.

No guarantees with this approach, but in the past it's provided me with enough clues so that I was able to solve a few different problems I was having. Worth a try...

-
    08-26-09 10:46 AM
    Lol, after clearing the event log the videos worked! Thanks a bunch

08-26-09 12:28 PM

Excellent! Enjoy...
    08-26-09 12:32 PM
    awesome info about the event log, never knew about that. Thanks
    08-26-09 12:53 PM

No ****, almost a month without a fix, and clearing the log worked on my 8900 as well. Nice.

Thanks.
    08-26-09 09:26 PM
    hi all

i have a blackberry curve 8900 i have some questions for u guys and i hope u can help

first i go to some sites full of pics and it always says :
    1-were unable to render the site.... so its not opening probarly
    2- sites of videos like youtube and metacafe.com are opening ok but the videos doesnt work it just ask to open the wap, then i keep waiting and nothing happenes.....
    3-a- how can i make my black berry as a modem to be working on my labtop?
    b- i asked one of the IT in my company told me if i wanna use it as a gprs then i have to pay some fees more for Qatar telecom but then i ll have the gprs connection on my blackberry and i ll not access my company internet which is free and i ll keep paying for the gprs for every mega i use.....etc
    i know i did ask alot of questions
    THE MOST important is the how to use it as a modem with the same free internet i got it from the company....etc.
    I appreciate the fast replies

Thanks in advance and i wish i find solutions to these questions by ur side

Thank you all
    08-27-09 07:29 AM
    Hello Crackberry readers.

Im from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. My Service Provider is TSTT (Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago).

So i got a curve 8900. Its a great phone with all super features, however my Youtube isnt working, so im looking for some help. Now correct me if im wrong, but since the phone has Wifi, it should be able to view youtube via wifi and the service provider settings should have nothing to do with viewing youtube.

So here is whats happening.
    I click on the 'Browser' Icon looks like a Black Globe with white longitude and latitude lines and an Orange Arrow going around. I am assuming this is the BUILT IN blackberry browser.

I type in m.youtube. com
    i click on a video
    i click watch video
    What appears to be the BUILT IN blackberry Media Player comes up
    I get "An error has occured attemping to play media."

Ok so here is what ive tried.

I updated the OS to v4.6.1.250 (Platform 4.2.0.113)

I tried getting Opera Mini. clicked the video it opened a Blackberry browser window with a click to "watch video" then it opened the Media Player and Errored.

I tried Clearing the Cache
    I tried doing the Battery Pull
    I tried just clearing the event log and the settings in there as suggested.

Here are the current Browser Options Configurations (ive been playing around with them for a while)

Browser Configuration
    Browser: internet browser (only other option is Hotspot)
    Checked Support JavaScript
    Checked Allow JavaScript Popups
    Unchecked Terminate slow running scipts
    Checked Show Images
    Checked Use Background Images
    Checked Support embedded media
    Browser identification: Blackberry (other options are FireFox, Internet Explorer)

Default Search Provider: Google
    Home Page Address: http;?? Mobile.blackberry. com

General Properties

Default Browser: Hotspot Browser ( other option is Internet Browser)
    some font and image settings

Checked Enable Javascript Location Support

Prompt Before :
    Unchecked Closing browser on Escape
    Checked Closing Modified Pages
    Checked Switching to WAP for streaming media
    Checked Running WML scripts

Apparently i cant post links in my 1st post i need more than 10 post so if you need the Debug log (has links) please let me know and i can PM it you or maybe 1 of you can repost it for me.

I know this is alot of information. Please let me know if you need anything else or if there is anything else i should try.

Thank you for your time, help and patience.

Kevin.
    08-27-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD