08-15-09 02:55 AM
33 12
tools
    im completely new to bb & have been reading the threads & according to them youtube is supposed to work on my 8900.
    however everytime i have tried to load sth on youtube i get an "error playing.." msg in red on the top right hand corner and a message saying "an error has occured attempting to play media."
    can anyone tell me whats wrong & how i fix it. (step by step would be VERY much appreciated - im technologically incompetent)
    thanks
    05-06-09 08:01 PM
    Try m.youtube.com
    05-06-09 08:08 PM
    i tried but still doesnt work with m.youtube.com
    do you know if its one of my settings & if so can u help me
    or is it my service provider?
    05-07-09 11:39 AM
    Make sure you have the correct APN settings: Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP

I believe these are the settings for O2:

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username for APN: mobileweb
    Password for APN: password
    05-07-09 12:58 PM
    also some vids will not play on the BB.....

Try this one, I know it works!!
    05-07-09 02:48 PM
    Make sure you have the latest software installed, I believe it is currently the 4.5 version. You should be able to play most videos however if they arent formatted properly you will get the error msg
    05-07-09 07:51 PM
    im completely new to bb & have been reading the threads & according to them youtube is supposed to work on my 8900.
    however everytime i have tried to load sth on youtube i get an "error playing.." msg in red on the top right hand corner and a message saying "an error has occured attempting to play media."
    can anyone tell me whats wrong & how i fix it. (step by step would be VERY much appreciated - im technologically incompetent)
    thanks
    U defo got the WiFi connected matey? Cos bear in mind this badboy ain't 3G so it won't play unless u got WiFi switched on
    05-07-09 09:08 PM
    U defo got the WiFi connected matey? Cos bear in mind this badboy ain't 3G so it won't play unless u got WiFi switched on
    This is untrue.
    05-07-09 11:03 PM
    Try Xenozu in the App World. It's like an app for youtube, I would say it's pretty decent. I used it a few times and I think it's ok. 3/5 stars!

--HeavyC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 11:22 PM
    my mobile you tube site works but can someone explain why the video quality is soo crappy can their be a fix to this?
    05-08-09 01:14 AM
    Quality can't be fixed. Lol

--HeavyC.

05-08-09 01:16 AM
    i have xenozu utube on b.b curve and it worked awsome now there was an update and my bb wont play the videos
    05-08-09 02:12 AM
    Actually for me Xenozu worked a lot better after the update. I'm liking it a whole lot more now.

--HeavyC.

05-08-09 07:59 AM
    still not working! my bb is v.4.6.1.101 does that make a difference? i will try the other application and yes my wifi is on
    sigh i called o2 and they are clueless as to how to get it to work.
    thanks for the effort everyone!
    05-09-09 03:52 PM
    alright i have bb8900 with ver. 4.6.1.114 and my tcp settings are the following
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username for APN: [blank]
    Password for APN: [blank]

I get this error message when i attempt to play any youtube video.

An error has occurred attempting to play media.
    05-10-09 10:43 PM
    Lamladylis,

Upgrade your OS.

--HeavyC.

05-10-09 10:45 PM
    Me too ladylis. I've tried every fix that people suggest. Changing the apn, setting browser to hotspot, refreshing w javascript enabled, using m.youtube (duuhhr; these ppl are not qualified to give advice)... Nothin works. Now here's the annoying part: everything works perfect at my parents' house and my brother's house... Just not my house. UMA works everywhere. Internet works everywhere. M.youtube works everywhere... Just not over my (premium) comcast wifi. So... Wtf?
    05-16-09 07:49 AM
    4.6.1.114... Gonna tell me to upgrade too?
    05-16-09 07:51 AM
    I can Play youtube videos fine on wifi but the error only occurs on EDGE, Chances are the EDGE where I am sux lol. Also no O/s makes any difference imo . .. it's all flash anyhow.
    05-16-09 08:07 AM
    Pretty sure m.youtube isn't flash...otherwise I couldn't play it at all

05-16-09 08:12 AM
    Initially I thought that a static IP was the prob, since my home router's configured for port forwarding. So every comp and smartphone in the house has a unique static ip. So I set my BB to auto ip/dns to test this theory... Still not workin

Last edited by broadsighted; 05-16-09 at 08:19 AM.
    05-16-09 08:15 AM
    i have .206 and its not working, not even with wifi or gprs

i decided to use vuclip...
    05-16-09 08:40 AM
    Yeah my youtube still isnt working from home either! has to be a setting in the router thats preventing my phone to run youtube. I just don't know what it is and noone is providing any answers. I can get youtube working fine at work and at a friends place under wifi . So wierd. IM beginning to think if im even connected to the wifi at home even though it says im connected. is that possible?
    05-17-09 12:44 PM
    R u making sure u closed off anything u had open on ur phone like ur other apps? Make ssure there not running. Close twitter while ur using utube also as this will give u the error mesgs too.

05-17-09 02:16 PM
    yeah everything is closed off.
    05-17-09 07:29 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD