Hi,

I updated my OS on my Blackberry to the 4.5 version but the Youtube is not playing. As compared to the error msgs before on the old OS, the media player opens but nothing happens.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Tyrone
    12-31-08 05:04 AM
    Oh and the error msg I get when I load a YouTube video is "Uncaught exception.....
    12-31-08 05:28 AM
    which 4.5 OS? Try entering the APN/TCP setting for your carrier per the following site. Also check your Browser Config/Settings.

GPRS and MMS Settings for Cellphones and Handhelds
    12-31-08 09:10 AM
    Do what ghostshell said and also try deleting all of you're history in the browser, that helped me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 11:23 AM
    I have been having you tube problems too. It just started last night (at least I think). After clearning my history, still does not help.
    12-31-08 11:34 AM
    YouTube doesn't work for me either! When I try playing videos from there I get them to start loading in the media player then I get "an error occurred attempting to play media."

Then someone suggested TinyTube.net so I went there and got the vids to play but the sound AND the picture are very distorted. You can't tell what it is at all.

Any suggestions?
    12-31-08 12:00 PM
    Hi,

The OS is V 4.5.0.18 (Platform 2.7.0.89). How and where do I enter the APN/TCP settings?

Thanks again.
    01-01-09 12:50 AM
    I have entered the APN settings and left the username and password blank. I dont know where to enter proxy settings.

Now when I play Youtube it says loading for awhile and afterwards an error msg. appear cannot play media file ????
    01-01-09 03:03 AM
    I haven't had any issues with YouTube (TinyTube basically reformats/relays, which is why you have distortion), so I can't say for certain, but have you checked your browser settings to make sure nothing is amiss in there?
    01-01-09 03:15 AM
    Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? I had the same problem when I upgraded and I read somewhere here on Crackberry that the clearing of the cache may be the resolution. It worked and everytime before I view any videos on Youtube, I clear everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 08:31 AM
    After upgrading my Storm's software to the v.4.7.0.75 , I can no longer see YouTube Videos. Instead of seeing a video, I get an error stating, "Hello, you either have Javascript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. I have checked browser settings and everthing is set to how it was before. Before I upgraded, I could see YouTube videos with no problem. Please help.
    01-01-09 09:31 AM
    Hi,

I updated my OS on my Blackberry to the 4.5 version but the Youtube is not playing. As compared to the error msgs before on the old OS, the media player opens but nothing happens.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Tyrone
    Same thing happened to me....

no one has found a solution yet?
    03-27-09 11:56 PM
    ok... i had this same problem. i just got my phone a week ago today and the second day i had it (last Sunday) i got the same error message. but then i downloaded a new theme from pinstack.com and did not change my os or anything and now it works. couldnt tell you why but it just works now. i have no problems with sound or video. i did not change any of my settings either. it was the bold berry theme for the os 4.5

maybe that helps (doubt it lol)
    03-28-09 01:32 AM
    I am having problems upload my youtube favorites on my BB Storm. It keeps saying loading.
    03-29-09 11:46 AM
    Blackberry 8330 curve 4.5 software with Verizon youtube stopped working...worked for 6 months prior.

I downloaded the BOLT browser and it plays youtube with it's own viewer instead of using the blackberry media player. Just google Bolt and download. It does get a little choppy sometimes but it works - I think it is my connection more than the browser.
    06-11-10 02:29 AM
    I've heard Opera Mini 5 prevents youtube from playing... not sure if it's true, but I have opera mini 5 and youtube doesn't work for me either.
    06-11-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD