I googled this problem but didn't see anything quite like mine. Like others, from time to time I get a random message in my GMail saying that "Your message was delivered to the recipient." in the body and in the subject it says "Delivered: [Whatever the subject was]".

The thing is, this only happens when other people send ME email - not when I send them e-mail. Today, I had a listing for something on Craigslist, and someone responded to my listing. In my GMail outbox, it shows this message was sent from my email to the person who replied to my listing! Why is it confirming to the person who sent me the email that I got the message they sent me?!

When this has happened in the past, it was mostly university email solicitation type stuff, so I didn't care. But by doing this for a Craigslist ad, if it's really sending an email from my GMail without my permission to confirm delivery of a message I received, well, I think that's a privacy problem. What is going on? Please help!

(I checked, my phone says confirm delivery, "no" but... it's confirming for the sender, not for myself. I haven't ever sent anything to these people and it's doing this!)
    Last edited by rowdyrebel; 04-14-10 at 07:52 PM.
    04-14-10 07:44 PM
    Pllllllease help. To give you a better idea of what the email looks like that is in my sent box of my Gmail account (not on my device):

from [me]@gmail.com
    reply-to [me]@gmail.com
    to Guy's Name Who Asked About My Item On Craigslist <HisEmailAddress@blah.com>
    date Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    subject Delivered: [Craigslist Item Caption]
    mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 3:31 PM (4 hours ago)

Your message was delivered to the recipient.
    04-14-10 11:02 PM
    Bump... if anyone has any idea it would be so appreciated!
    04-15-10 04:12 PM
    bump, bump, bump...
    04-17-10 02:12 AM
    I noticed the same thing after I loaded the last 5.0 upgrade. Seems only some of my email accounts changed the setting for "Confirm Delivery" and/or "Send Delivery Receipts". These are two different settings under Messages | Menu | Options | Email Settings. I set them to "No" today so we'll see what happens. I suggest you check these on your phone as well to see if somehow they flipped to "yes".
    05-25-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD