Bump, I'm no berry repairman but it sounds like you either severely mistreated your berry or you have a defective handset.my keyboard does not move at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Congratz on the very participative thread!
    05-20-10 08:54 PM
    Haha. ^ np diegonei. Glad to contribute

05-20-10 08:55 PM
    My keyboard moves

05-20-10 08:56 PM
    Really? The only thing that moves is my trackpad. It is very minor though. I'm actually surprised. I was laughing so hard I spit out the water out of my mouth on to my blackberry. Lol. It survived without even letting it dry out completely. I got chocolate down in the trackpad as well. Mine works good as ever.

05-20-10 08:59 PM
    As far as a bieng abusive---guilty as charged.Comes with the territory. No sun crack Something must have dragged across was on the seat with my netbook folder and maybe sometools and stuff i dont know? The key board has been like that since new and thought i read on here it was normal. Just checked the other three in the house and they dont move nearly as much even the junk one that took a swim. Maybe i will drop by the store and see what they say.
    05-20-10 09:02 PM
    Really? The only thing that moves is my trackpad. It is very minor though. I'm actually surprised. I was laughing so hard I spit out the water out of my mouth on to my blackberry. Lol. It survived without even letting it dry out completely. I got chocolate down in the trackpad as well. Mine works good as ever.

Really. I didn't notice until someone mentioned there's moved and sre enough is does. My trackpad doesn't move

05-20-10 09:05 PM
    Funny this should be the first thread I saw tonight. I've only had my BB going on 3 weeks, but today I was taking it out of my pocket when I fumbled it and it hit the ground in a parking lot and bounced a couple of feet away from me.. I felt sick to my stomach because I was expecting the worst but I picked it up and not a scratch. Woke it up and still works fine. Talk about relief!

05-20-10 10:32 PM
    As you may not know there is a lot of crap going around about the 8500s being flimsy or "not a real blackberry". I totally disagree with this. My berry has been totally durable and not one scratch since february. My question is: when did you get your berry and has it served as a durable device?

I love mine its so like a real blackberry but I have the curve before and it feels like the same
    I only got mine this monday just gone but its sooo like a blackberry and it feel right and acts like a real blackberry
    05-21-10 03:09 AM
    I love mine its so like a real blackberry but I have the curve before and it feels like the same
    I only got mine this monday just gone but its sooo like a blackberry and it feel right and acts like a real blackberry
    That's because it IS a real BlackBerry!!

What did you expect? WinMO 6.0?
    05-21-10 06:31 AM
    My Curve 8530 seems pretty durable. I do have a few complaints though. It seems that the housing on the left side surrounding my screen has lifted slightly. This seems very cheap to me, as I don't think I have ever dropped it. Also the battery door feels flimsy and cheap.
    05-21-10 06:55 AM
    Bellero, mine too!
    The housing on the left side came off, for no reasons, its like so awkard, with something slighty poping out.

Lol, I think this phone is pretty alright though, this is my first bb.
    I don't like the battery door though, lifts off very easily.

I dropped my phone many times already :P everytime I was so surprised to see it still works cause my first phone, sony ericsson spoilt the first time I dropped it. -.-

05-21-10 10:33 AM
    That's because it IS a real BlackBerry!!

What did you expect? WinMO 6.0?
    yeah I know this is m 3rd one!!! I was on about the fact that people don't call this blackberry a real one.... when it sooo is
    05-21-10 03:06 PM
    Very true.
    I hate to be a stickler but the rsate of falling is the same no matter the weight

05-21-10 03:28 PM
    Magnum. There is a difference. If the device is heavier, it falls faster and the impact is greater.

05-21-10 04:00 PM
    It's a plastic screen and not glass from what I can tell so I would be careful about touching it with anything metal, infact ever since I scratched my old Samsung phone's screen (plastic screen) I never put my phone or even my scratch proof PMP (Cowon S9) in with any form of metal, they get a pocket dedicated to themselves..

My 8520 has been very good so far, other than a few teeeeeny little scratches on the battery cover all is fine. Seems to be very solid!

My keyboard does not move one bit, and I can't see how it would either. Then again I do have the V2 hardware so maybe that helps...

As said the only annoying build issue with this phone is the cheap feel battery cover but it's a bit of plastic and will not effect anything at all, hardly noticeable.

I wonder if you can replace the cover with some of other BlackBerrys...
    05-21-10 04:00 PM
    Magnum. There is a difference. If the device is heavier, it falls faster and the impact is greater.

I hate to say it but that's not true. Rate of fall is the same if you drop a bowling ball and a pencil from the same height
    Last edited by tbizzy1985; 05-21-10 at 04:30 PM.
    05-21-10 04:18 PM
    yeah I know this is m 3rd one!!! I was on about the fact that people don't call this blackberry a real one.... when it sooo is
    Agreeeeed.

I hate to say it but that's not true. Rate of fall is the same if you drop a bowling ball and a pencil from the same height
    Impact isn't.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-21-10 at 04:36 PM.
    05-21-10 04:33 PM

Is a false statement. That's all I was saying, and just because something is heavier doesn't mean it will do more damage if it is dropped. I would think the opposite actually as if it is heavier it is built with stronger components and will hold up to the drop.

This is a moot point I was just saying objects fall at the same right that's physics and indisputable lol but I think my 8530 is very durable it's been knocked around a few times and no scratches yet
    05-21-10 04:42 PM
    My 8520 is very durable! I've dropped it a few times, I've had it in my pockets, and sometimes in a pouch. I do have a screen protector because I know plastic scratches real easy. The battery cover does have a few scratches but nothing serious. I usually have it "naked" but every now and then I put a silicone protector on it. Keypad doesn't move, trackpad wiggles a bit.
    The only problem, or rather upsetting detail, with my screen is that it shows 2 dark spots when looking at it from the bottom angle. I doesn't get in the way of every day use, but I know it's there so it bothers me.
    I still love it, and it is my first BB, but definitely not my last!
    05-21-10 04:44 PM
    Items do not fall at the same rate (different weights) unless in a air vacuum.
    05-21-10 04:50 PM
    Dropped my bb didn't have screen proector BIG mistake! Deep scratches on screen galore!! Get screen protectors!!

05-21-10 08:50 PM
    Wow I just dropped a rock and a feather. Guess what dropped first.

05-22-10 02:21 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD