05-31-10 12:26 AM
54 123
tools
    This thread will just be a fun thread.

What is YOUR favorite part of your blackberry!? With all the Apps, Features and capabilities, there are so many possibilities!!! Just share your experience with your BB and tell the world!

I personally love how i can surf the REAL WEB without a computer!

DONT HOLD BACK!!
    Last edited by kevinrh32; 05-21-10 at 11:26 AM.
    05-21-10 11:23 AM
    I really was hoping to see a thread like this. I'm a blackberry junkie and I love to read about it and update my device. I'm getting the 8530 today, so definitely want to hear responses...

I think users should include apps/themes/games as well.

I'm looking forward to the 5.0 threaded sms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 11:30 AM
    I love the internet on the Bolt browser, free internet radio with pandora, etc., BBM, playing gameboy games using MeBoy, facebook and twitter access, and just about everything else.

05-21-10 11:36 AM
    my favorite thing about my 8530 would have to be the media keys i use them all the time for my mp3's and pandora! no other bb has that function which is surprising to me.(maybe they decided to use the room for something else other than a flash for the camera ) i do wish that we could fast forward through an mp3 using those dedicated media keys. but it's still better than using the volume key to turn the volume up and accidently skipping the track you were jamming out to.. i hated that about my 8330. love the wifi to!
    05-21-10 11:38 AM
    Oh, boy, I love this phone!
    Facebook, twitter and my favourite BBM!

AWESOME.

05-21-10 11:49 AM
    the blackberry 8520 curves are one of the best blackerries
    05-21-10 12:09 PM
    What I love about my Blackberry hardware wise ,
    is the QWERTY keyboard as I think in my opinion it outshines the Bold's keyboard ,
    as I feel that keyboard is too flat , even though I do like the feel of it that's not relevant ,
    because I find that I can type faster on this keyboard .
    I also wish that my phone has a camera flash and a high megapixel level however .

I also like the lightweightness of this phone , the trackpad and the bright screen

Software wise I love using BBM (one of my favourites) , Facebook , the web browser , DailyHoroscope & more .
    I honestly love my blackberry and I don't know how I lived without it before !!
    I'm defenitly not going back to a different brand of phone ever again !

05-21-10 12:40 PM
    Trackpad, wifi and BBM.
    05-21-10 12:42 PM
    my favorite thing about my 8530 would have to be the media keys i use them all the time for my mp3's and pandora! no other bb has that function which is surprising to me.(maybe they decided to use the room for something else other than a flash for the camera ) i do wish that we could fast forward through an mp3 using those dedicated media keys. but it's still better than using the volume key to turn the volume up and accidently skipping the track you were jamming out to.. i hated that about my 8330. love the wifi to!
    Lol they'll have to come out with a curve 3 for one to have a flash...But yeh, thats a good point.
    05-21-10 12:50 PM
    Battery life, an app store ingeneral, such variation, I feel like there's no limits to what this can do, track pad, bbm, threaded sms, lightweight, qwerrty, how u can control like every detail of your phone and settings media keys,rubber casing, wifi

05-21-10 03:17 PM
    I love everything about mine
    I love the colour
    It fits in my life really well
    It shows what I am like really as in the colour.
    I love the themes I have found
    The apps are the ones I want not to everyone's taste
    Its a good MP3 player but need more space until I get a need memory card I use my iPod
    The camera isnt important to me but its one of the best 2MP camera's i have seen
    I have a car charger from when I had my storm and it works with this bb
    05-21-10 03:23 PM
    There is just too much to like... I have no idea where to start...

Guess main points for me are really the reasons I bought it:

- Productivity: Keeps me on top of tasks/schedules and provides me with tools to help me do my job.

- My babe: We used to run out of SMS all the time and since we're an ocean apart, calling was not that good of an idea. Now I can BBM her ANY time (including pesting her sleep ); we can email each other for important stuff freely/immediately and responses are as prompt as we can make them; we also talk in a push-to-talk way by swapping voice notes via BBM, what makes up for the lack of Skype and international phone allowance (both our plans only include minutes for calls inside our countries).

The model thou was something of personal choise. I got the 8520 because it would sport whatever RIM has of newest tech: the trackpad, thus being under support for a long time (Yes, it was a tactical decision).

She needed GPS and a good camera (girls ) so she got the 8900.
    05-21-10 04:58 PM
    Have to list them
    1. BBM BBM BBM
    2. Being able to take ALL my music with me any and every where via 4gbcard
    3. Social networks FB, Twitter, Yahoo,WLM
    4. Being able to surf the web
    5. Themes(The cooler the icons the better)
    6. Apps (Quick pull)
    7. Being able to play my fav game 4 Elements
    8. The Frost colour
    I think that's all for now......
    Last edited by Cynamonne; 05-21-10 at 05:45 PM.
    05-21-10 05:19 PM
    Just got my 8520 a couple of days ago. Had the 8330 before that. What a HUGE upgrade! I have about 6 apps loaded so far and still kicking 131mb free! Speed wise it runs circles around the 8330. My ONLY regret is that it is OS4.6 and I sure miss 5.0 I can just imagine what it would be like with this much power AND 5.0! Thinking about a hybrid but I am scared to death I will brick it. All the "remove this file and put it in this drawer and replace it with this file you find over here" just scares me.
    05-21-10 06:31 PM
    Just got my 8520 a couple of days ago. Had the 8330 before that. What a HUGE upgrade! I have about 6 apps loaded so far and still kicking 131mb free! Speed wise it runs circles around the 8330. My ONLY regret is that it is OS4.6 and I sure miss 5.0 I can just imagine what it would be like with this much power AND 5.0! Thinking about a hybrid but I am scared to death I will brick it. All the "remove this file and put it in this drawer and replace it with this file you find over here" just scares me.
    Dont be afraid to upgrade! Just follow the steps and your golden! I was scared to death at first but just life diving head first into the pool, you gotta just gotta go for it! That's WHY the forum is here!!! Not JUST for the negatives, but for the positives...the help from the mods as well as other users (and abusers!) That's why i made this topic, to show nothing but POSITIVES of the phone!!! Issues DO happen...but you have to recognize ALL THAT IS GOOD about the BB as well!

GREAT JOB ON THIS THREAD EVERYONE!! ITS GREAT TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE AND WHAT THEY LOVE ABOUT THEIR BB!!! KEEP IT UP!
    05-21-10 07:32 PM
    Where do I start?? O I know EVERYTHING altho this is my first ? !! Its always something to do! I love it and the web access is wonderful! Bb has created a monster (ME) and I know now that once u go BLACKBERRY u never go back! Lmao

05-21-10 08:44 PM
    I love and addicted to my 8530! I love the dedicated media keys, the trackpad, Facebook and MySpace app, GPS, Pandora, etc. I can't live without my BlackBerry.

05-21-10 11:05 PM
    I love and addicted to my 8530! I love the dedicated media keys, the trackpad, Facebook and MySpace app, GPS, Pandora, etc. I can't live without my BlackBerry.

Lol I bet ALOT of us would be having w/d's from our BBs if they stopped working!! LOL!!
    05-22-10 12:36 PM
    @kevin. One day I went to work where we cannot use our phones. And I didn't have the phone in my pocket and I was anxious and nervous. I wanted it so bad.

05-22-10 02:33 PM
    @BlakBairy...lol i know what you mean totally!! what bout ur berry?? What do you love bout it?
    05-22-10 02:43 PM
    Oh ya! Well I love how it can do so much things like higher-end berries. Such as a faster processor. I love the trackpad sooo much! The design does match the keyboard and I like how the call, bb, return, and end keys are laid out. I don't like that stupid ignorant people on this people call me poor because I have this model. I couldve got any phone but the curve was only offered (other than pearl 8100) on my carrier. I'm 16, in my school any bb is nice. People should be thankful

05-22-10 02:52 PM
    @kevin. One day I went to work where we cannot use our phones. And I didn't have the phone in my pocket and I was anxious and nervous. I wanted it so bad.

I know! Once I went to the movies, and I left my phone charging... I was putting my hands in the popcorn, rubbing my legs where it usually is inside my pockets... and when it was over, some guy had the cricket notifier sound and I was like aaaah! And my gf was like "c'mon, grow up!" But, that's because she doesn't have one... yet... waiting for our anniversary to give her one and get her addicted

Anyways, the thing I like the most about my BB is the ability to keep in touch (when I don't forget it) with anyone at any time whether it's Facebook Twitter, WLM, or email. Every now and then I use it for calls but it's mainly a email and chat device for me. Other than that, I love the whole phone itself, the shape, feel, weight... it's usually always in my hand! Unless it's in the holster or jeans pocket
    05-22-10 02:55 PM
    But, I gotta confess, as soon as the 9100 becomes available, I might buy it and switch between 'em every once and a while.
    05-22-10 02:57 PM
    I got to a point I see BlackBerry everywhere... Was at a conference a few months ago and bang! Around the shopping and there again! Watching tv... All you need is love! Waiting for my MBA class to start, a 8310... On the there, a 9000.

Hope I am just perceptive instead of adicted!

Sorry about the quality... My 8520 is not used to taking pictures.

I see a few options for me when it comes to upgrades...

- A Curve that offers all that my 8520 does and much more;

- The 9650, if its frequencies match the ones from my carrier;

- Something else RIM is yet to show us.

I think a 3G, 512MB, GPS, 480x360, 624mhz Curve would be just what I am looking for... Wonder if 9300 is gonna deliver that...
    05-22-10 04:35 PM
    I love:
    messing around with Hybrids
    BBm
    Blink (on silent I can still see incoming calls/sms/mms/bbm/email)
    BoltBrowser (great browsing & internet banking)
    Alt-Shift-Del (LOL)
    Google Maps
    and everything else
    05-23-10 03:23 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD