ok im trying to figure out what to do first with a myriad of choices with the Curve. i was trying to see if there was a sticky for first time users. but for some reason search escapes me right now. anybody have a quick linky

the whole DM and everything explanation would be nice to

im really diggin this site and am about to use it more than honda-tech lol (ok inside joke for honda enthusiasts)

hope to hear from you guys soon.
    05-19-08 01:32 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/must-have-apps-14943/

here's a good thread with lots of information.
    05-19-08 01:36 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

You might waish to look here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/. It is a very good starting point. Make sure that you look at athe 101 Lecture thread.

DM is not too hard to figure out and all you really have to do right now is to connect your phone to a USB port connected directly to your PC - avoid using a hub.

Once connected, have a look at Backup / Restore and make a Backup. Now try Sychronize. You need to look around in here a bit and set up various options for how you wish to make DM work with Outlook.

Now that you are here, you will find that everyone will help you if you ask a question.

There are a couple of things that Blackberrys like. One is to have their battery removed about once a week. You go to the main screen. Take the back off and pull the battery out. Keep it out for about 30 seconds and put is back. This causes the memory to be periodically re-organised and the phone just flat works better.

The other thing is to keep an eye on how much free memory you have. Go to Options, Status and check the File Free number. It is in bytes so divide it by a million and you have megabytes (Mb) free. This MUST be 12 or above or you will start losing call logs, email and SMS messages.

When you are ready, there are several simple things that you can do to get rid of unneeded applications on your phone that will give you more memory.

Good luck and enjoy your phone.
    05-19-08 01:49 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry

...always wanted to say that
    05-19-08 02:01 PM
    Welcome! Enjoy!
    05-19-08 02:03 PM
    Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 02:06 PM
    pete6, thanks for the info , exactly what i needed. i hope to be as proficient with this Curve as most of you guys are already.
    thanks for the welcome,

ps. pete6- ok to PM you with questions now and then?
    05-19-08 02:15 PM
    What a wonderful feeling you have nowadays ))
    05-19-08 02:17 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-19-08 03:13 PM
    pete6, thanks for the info , exactly what i needed. i hope to be as proficient with this Curve as most of you guys are already.
    thanks for the welcome,

ps. pete6- ok to PM you with questions now and then?
    We got our knowledge by having our own problems and tearing our hair out solving them. I got sooo much help in here when I started out.

You can PM me if you wish but I tend to hang around the forums more. If you do that too, then your question gets shared amogst all of us and, trust me here, there are some folk in here who r e a l l y know what they are talkng about. Hint - look at how many posts they have made.
    05-19-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD