I have long been a TREO user. My 680 had many issues, features that should have worked but didn't. I threw in the towel and bought a 8310 and found many of the "normal" features that my TREOs had were missing!

1) No touchscreen...I really miss it, makes navigation so much easier!
    2) No email folders (I can't create 5 user folders to store emails in for future use, just one "saved items" folder is suggested), No sent items folder either. No deleted items folder, once you delete email it is gone forever... unbelievable!
    3) When writing emails you often need to go back a line and insert/alter text...this was dead easy to do on the TREO but on the 8310 there are no navigation keys and you MUST use the trackball which is a large pain. It therefore takes longer to write emails with the Blackberry vs the Treo...sometimes I delay writing emails until I'm back on the PC, something I never did with the TREO
    4) I miss the quick pull down menu bars that were easy to navigate through.
    5) I find synch options with the Blackberry are poor when compared to the TREO

I have sent the TREO 680 for repairs, when it returns I may go back to using the TREO, and put the 8310 up for sale, the TREO has faults but still seems to be much easier to use than the Blackberry.

Any thoughts on the above points or are Blackberry users so used to these that it doesn't matter?
    12-22-07 06:13 AM
    There are scores of ex-Treo users that have come to embrace the much more reliable, much more robust, and much simpler OS of the BlackBerry. We have walked away from a device that tends to be as buggy as a flytrap...with common freezes and subsequent reboots as a result. We also have come to love the best communication/messaging system available, and one that has the largest corporate base in the country if not the world. And...as far as us Curve users, we have come to appreciate a slim, lighweight, and very attractive device that does exactly what we want it to do 100% of the time.

Sorry your experience with the BlackBerry was not favorable. Perhaps if you gave it more time, you would warm to it.

And...I hope that you are happier with your Treo, after it comes back from being repaired.
    12-22-07 07:21 AM
    Yeah, amen to the above... I still have my 650 and am going through the 30 day deal with AT&T. Yes, we were definitely spoiled with the touch screen feature and it will take some time to get used to but I looked at this as a computer (unless at a register) where you have to use the mouse. Also, the internet is sooo much faster! Now, I have the 650 so I dont know about the 680 and was debating whether to switch to Sprint for the Centro or get the 680 but once I started reading about the battery problems that it ALREADY had and would have to do a reset and yadda yadda, I just about had it. My Curve has 3 folders for email til I told it to simply send each email to the correct folder and dont cram them into one. (the main one)
    Everyone in my office had Treos and Kaiser bought them all the WE and they really like it. I personally like the size difference and the speed of the internet because my 650 took forever to load a page!
    Now, I wish with the text messages I could make folders for people like the Treo did but there are plus and minuses to everything.
    Last edited by Linda_SoCal; 12-22-07 at 07:44 AM.
    12-22-07 07:39 AM
    There are scores of ex-Treo users that have come to embrace the much more reliable, much more robust, and much simpler OS of the BlackBerry. We have walked away from a device that tends to be as buggy as a flytrap...with common freezes and subsequent reboots as a result. We also have come to love the best communication/messaging system available, and one that has the largest corporate base in the country if not the world. And...as far as us Curve users, we have come to appreciate a slim, lighweight, and very attractive device that does exactly what we want it to do 100% of the time.

Sorry your experience with the BlackBerry was not favorable. Perhaps if you gave it more time, you would warm to it.

And...I hope that you are happier with your Treo, after it comes back from being repaired.
    Well I agree with this statement. I am sorry that you feel the way that you are. I feel like you are not giving the BB enough time. I have had my BB for a little over a month and apbsoltutely love it. I have not had to pull the battery.

I came from the Treo 680. My wife also has come from the 650 than 750 and in just a few short weeks she has learned to do things that she never new or could do on the treo.

We both have set up our BB for our selves. She has set up her home screen using the ZEN. has all her e-mail and texting going to the same folder. She like it this way.

I on the other hand have 3 e-mail coming straight to my phone (one of them coming from work, never could do with the treo) each on has its own folder the way I like it. They are separated from my SMS's. Have the BB messenger along with yahoo and AIM. I can do anything from anywhere that I can do on my computer.
    12-22-07 08:12 AM
    Thanks for your feedback. Good to get some from people who had TREO. TREO is full of issues, it almost flew out the window on several occasions. I had the 600 and "upgraded" to the 680, and regretted it, the 600 was actually better! Yes the Curve 8310 is stable (0 reboots after a week!) is thin/good phone too, internet, GPS...I think its a really good device...but for a phone that is supposed to be famous for its killer app email I find that feature lacking as I said, SMS chatting is not as robust as the TREO either. Suppose there is plus and minus to everything, so you guys happily give up the user interface of the TREO for more stability. I'm also wondering why the lack of those "TREO" features doesn't seem to be on Blackberry designer's to do list. I suppose in 2 years either TREO/Blackberry/etc will get a phone that actually does combine these features. When the TREO is back from repairs (they are just replacing the phone) I will see if anything is different...also waiting for the 680 patch...

Any further feedback as to my comments are more than welcome
    12-22-07 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD