Aloha,

I am hoping somebody out there will be able to help me with my situation, I have look around the Forum and have found nothing that will help with the situation at hand.. I decided to do a Wireless Software update on my Blackberry 8530 (Sprint) and as the process began it came to a halt. The overall Restore Progress is stuck at 1% and the Current Database: BBGroups is stuck at 69%. I figured that I would take some time so I ran this update before going to bed last night, Well 9 hrs later and we are still stuck at the same progress. I tried to do a battery pull and that didnt do much, The device reset and automatically restarted the update freezing at the same exact place. There is no option to cancel the update and it will not allow me to even access my BB home page, Any suggestions would be great...

Thanks,

MOETofASR
    www asr808 dot com
    07-13-10 04:46 PM
    The only solution I can give right now is to upgrade/update using your PC. I've read posts here stating that their BB got bricked or nuked because the wireless update got stuck somewhere during the process
    07-13-10 04:56 PM
    Thanks Ahmed but when I connect my device to the PC the BB desktop messenger recognizes my device but will now allow me to choose any options.. I'm on the phone with Sprint rite now and they are trying to figure it out but so far no luck... Appreciate the quick response my dude... Mahalo
    07-13-10 05:01 PM
    Ok so Sprint cant figure it out either... WTF.. That means I might need a replacement, Well that just sucks.
    07-13-10 05:17 PM
    Ok so Sprint cant figure it out either... WTF.. That means I might need a replacement, Well that just sucks.
    wiping it could help > - wipe your BB and reload the OS

Just so that you know, you don't need DM to upgrade your OS.

have a look at these:

- How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    - BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 07-13-10 at 05:27 PM.
    07-13-10 05:22 PM
    Thanks alot Ahmed I will give this a try and keep you updated..
    07-13-10 05:55 PM
    Yeah, you don't have to use DM. I wouldn't suggest using it actually. I'd suggest using the AppLoader.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Good luck!
    07-13-10 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD