okay so i just wiped my device, and now i only have a blank white screen, is this normal? and if so how long does it uaually last? becasue i am trying to reinstall everything once the wipe is complete, any further info would really help
    09-07-09 08:13 PM
    How did you wipe your device? Generally when you wipe, you need to install a new OS. Does your screen have anything on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 08:20 PM
    How did you wipe your device? Generally when you wipe, you need to install a new OS. Does your screen have anything on it?

i went to options, security, general settings and wipe
    it went through all the steps of wiping the phone but now i just have a blank white screen(probally for about 5-10 min)
    09-07-09 08:21 PM
    Ok, that was a personal data wipe. Have you done a battery pull?

09-07-09 08:26 PM
    Ok, that was a personal data wipe. Have you done a battery pull?

no im afraid to mess something up, do you suggest i do that?
    09-07-09 08:27 PM
    I'm sorry, I was called away. You did a personal information wipe. It should be in out of the box condition. I have only done this one time and to be honest, I don't remember what I had to do after the wipe - I don't remember doing anything. I did reboot with a battery pull, though. If it's frozen, the first step is to reboot. This is different that using JL Commander during an OS load. If something went wrong, you might need to reload your OS, but I would reset it with a battery pull before anything else.

Last edited by exelant; 09-07-09 at 09:14 PM.
    09-07-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD