wma music files can not play on my 8330 curve. Error message states The media being played uses an unsupported DRM. Any assistance would greatly appreciated.
    09-16-09 07:21 PM
    The media being played is of an unsupported format. youtube videos stop playing after 5 seconds? I have worked on this problem with my Blackberry Curve 8330 (Verizon) for 6 months. I was told by Verizon and forums to: "pull the battery" "delete some unecessary apps" "we're creating a patch" "this Blackberry cannot handle such a big file" etc...all wrong. There is a 100% sollution and I found it!!! I know the frustration people!

SOLUTION: You must "wipe handheld." While this will remove everything on your Crackberry (except pixs/downloaded ringtones) it will work. Remember your addresses WILL be erased but you'll have a brand new phone. When you wipe your phone will automatically reprogram...you just have to go thru the email set-up (very easy and it will guide you) and the call your carrier and tell them you wiped handheld and they will send a signal so your outgoing email will work. I experimented and did it 5 times. Make sure to check youtube right away to see if it plays like it should...if not than wipe again. I can now play 10 minute long videos...whoopiiiiiiiii
    09-17-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD