I bought this phone today from a guy who used it as a company phone, and they have it set to put in a password every time you turn it on, let it idle for so long, etc etc.

Cannot be disabled under security.

Tomorrow when I activate this is there some EASY way to get this crap removed?

Thanks in advance.
    08-09-09 11:44 PM
    Here's info that may be helpful to you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...-policy-34665/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 11:55 PM
    Thanks for the link however I am quite nervous about doing this as i'm new to bb's, and don't even know where to find the service books!

So, if I take it to VZW will they be able to flash this crap out of this phone?
    08-10-09 02:40 AM
    Verizon isn't going to remove an IT policy for you. You will have to follow the steps and do it yourself.

Probably your first step needs to be taking some time to read through some of the Getting Started information here.
    08-10-09 07:01 AM
    For the record I did this procedure and it worked perfect. Super easy.

Method 1: IT Policy Removal (Preferred)

If you have any 8xxx or 9xxx device the best method for removing IT policy is to update it to OS 4.3 or higher (if possible) and you can use JL_Cmder's "resettofactory" command to remove ALL IT policy, Firewall restrictions and Application Permission settings. After you've upgraded to OS 4.3 or higher, simply backup the device using Desktop Manager, close Desktop Manager, then run JL_Cmder and execute the "resettofactory" command. The device will do a security wipe of the device; (meaning wipe your data but leave the OS, DO NOT use the "Wipe" command in JL_Cmder) then reboot leaving the OS, 3rd party apps but no data AND, best of all, NO IT policy whatsoever. When you're done, simply restore your backup and you're good to go with no policy or locked firewall. You can downgrade back to the old OS if you desire, too.

Download JL_Cmder from this link:

If your 7xxx or 8xxx device is running OS 4.2 or lower (look in Options >About) and you can't upgrade it to OS 4.3 or higher you will NOT be able to use method 1 above and you will need to use method #2 below:
    08-10-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD