I just got my Curve last weekend and so far I'm enjoying it. My question relates to battery life. If I get a low battery warning towards the end of the day at work, and I only partially charge the phone (say to 50%) in order to make it home, will the battery life be negatively affected? What if I complete the charge when I get back home?

Thanks
    05-13-09 04:21 PM
    It's better to plug your BB in at work and charge it before you get the low battery warning. It's better not to let Li-Ion batteries get too low frequently, they like to be topped up.

It won't affect your battery if you do partial charges.
    05-13-09 04:24 PM
    I won't pretend that this is official. But I heard that every Li-Ion battery has about 100 charges before it starts (just starts) to lose capacity and deteriorate.

I would imagine that each time you fill it up to half-full counts as one of your hundred. Again, not an expert.

Good news is new batteries are $20. The cheapest I've seen a phone battery sell for.
    05-13-09 05:39 PM
    A half charge, should count as a half charge. Just use it and charge it as you feel fit. I charge mine and drain it, and charge it and let it get halfway then charge it (random).

My batteries last a long time normally.
    05-13-09 05:52 PM
    I let mine die once a month, but fully charge it every night

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 06:01 PM
    i tried to let my battery die completely so i can fully charge it before turning the phone back on to see if that would make the battery life a lil longer but it wouldnt die completely said it was dead and wouldnt receive calls for 2 hrs but still didnt completely die
    05-13-09 09:56 PM
    Here is an excellent site on batteries, battery care and everything else you need to know on batteries.

Welcome to Battery University
    05-14-09 01:32 AM
    Generally batteries will last a year, figure you have about 350 charges before you notice a drop in battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD