it's my primary alarm clock, and don't want to sleep in..do i need to set the alarm an hour ahead of usual?
    03-07-09 10:32 PM
    Yes, it will update for DST.
    03-07-09 10:36 PM
    I think the network will automatically adjust the time. I'm almost positive that you won't have to set your alarm an hour ahead. You should be fine just setting it at the normal hour.
    03-07-09 10:36 PM
    I just checked and my berry is 1 hour behind the network time. Funny how it says time source: network and the two differ by an hour. I've tried turning on and off with no luck.

Now that I think about it, I remember being late for the subway a couple of times and when I checked in the datw/time menu, my berry was a few minutes behind the network time. Argh, kind of annoying how it shows the correcr time on that menu but won't update the phones clock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 01:31 AM
    I just checked and my berry is 1 hour behind the network time. Funny how it says time source: network and the two differ by an hour. I've tried turning on and off with no luck.

Now that I think about it, I remember being late for the subway a couple of times and when I checked in the datw/time menu, my berry was a few minutes behind the network time. Argh, kind of annoying how it shows the correcr time on that menu but won't update the phones clock.

I had this happen, for the longest time, before finally figuring out what was happening...

Desktop Manager's Sync settings has a default to adjust the time, on the BB, every time it's connected. For some reason, it is always one hour behind (wherever it's getting it's time from). You should've seen how many times I reapplied the DST patch, on my first Curve!

If that's not your problem, then perhaps the phone is defective.

Edit: Ironically, my forum DST settings were wrong and your post appeared to be made an hour before DST was in effect on the east coast. Disregard! I hate irony...
    Last edited by Quijib0; 03-08-09 at 01:07 PM.
    03-08-09 01:35 AM
    mine updated fine
    03-08-09 03:20 AM
    So did mine! Even though mine is a always a few minutes behind the network time.

03-08-09 03:23 AM
    Mine updated properly, BUT I have it set for BB as time source... network time is behind now. (btw, network time never worked for me - with my old phone, network time sync would always fail)

03-08-09 06:37 AM
    Mine did fine

03-08-09 06:52 AM
    Hmm, I wonder why some are having issues with DST updating on its own.

03-08-09 06:55 AM

Check to be sure you have the correct time zone selected on your BlackBerry. Central America Time and Central Time (US&Canada) both are GMT-6, but Central America doesn't observe DST. That will cause the problem you're having.
    03-08-09 08:00 AM
    Good stuff Jeff. I always appreciate your informative posts.

03-08-09 08:10 AM
    Will it still change for DST if the network time is unavailable? I'm with T-Mobile UK and it says network time is unavailable (it has never appeared there)

I'm usually awake when the clocks change but guaranteed that'll be the one night I don't suffer from insomnia!
    03-08-09 08:54 AM
    Mine updated perfectly
    03-08-09 08:55 AM
    Will it still change for DST if the network time is unavailable? I'm with T-Mobile UK and it says network time is unavailable (it has never appeared there)...
    That's a very good question. I don't know. My time has always been set to network time. I could take it off Network, set the clock to 1:50 am, and watch to see if it changed at 2:00. Or maybe somebody who had their BlackBerry set to a time source other than Network will post the answer.
    03-08-09 09:04 AM
    Answered my own question and the answer is yes, it will still change!
    03-08-09 09:28 AM
    It updates fine.
    03-08-09 11:28 PM
    ..... Or maybe somebody who had their BlackBerry set to a time source other than Network will post the answer.
    Uh... I believe that I did just that 7 posts before that...
    03-09-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD