1. NCSunny's Avatar
    My Curve is with T-Mobile [originally SunCom, who were great BTW] and I really hate their service. I have quite a few dropped calls, and unable to locate service messages. Plus the bills are getting ridiculous.

    My question is this....If I unlock the phone, is it possible to change my carrier to Boost Mobile ? I have read other places that the networks [?] are different and that Boost will not work on a T-Mobile BB.

    I searched the forum and did not see this question asked.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA
    06-22-10 08:15 AM
  2. ttfmaep's Avatar
    No. T-Mobile and AT&T use one kind of mobile network, called "GSM". Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, Boost, etc. use another kind called "CDMA". Some people have reported that Boost will activate a Sprint or Verizon branded CDMA phone but others have reported that is not true. If you really want Boost you will need to buy an 8330 from them. Another option to consider is Sprint which has good plan prices and good service in most places. You can get an 8530 for $50 or less if you agree to a 2-year contract.
    06-22-10 08:29 AM
  3. NCSunny's Avatar
    Oh, wow...thank you. Thats what I read about the networks. Now I am glad I didn't pay to unlock it then not be able to use Boost.

    Will have to look into Sprint, again....thanks!
    06-22-10 02:42 PM