I have T-Mo service and an 8320 Curve. When using WiFi for phone calls, I often hear popping and the service cuts in and out enough to be a real pain. Is anyone else experiencing this? When I called T-Mo, they suggested I buy a new Linksys router from T-Mo but I'm not sure that's the issue. I have a Linksys WRT54G that I've never had problems with. I have excellent coverage throughout the house and the router is actually quite close to where I use the phone.
    02-12-08 09:29 PM
    I have the exact same issue! I'm researching it right now...the person I talked to from TMO said the t-mobile router wasn't necessarily any better, it just prioritizes the Curve device over other devices; he also said it was possible to prioritize the Curve on your home router.

I have a Netgear WGT624 and I'm currently trying to figure this out. I'll post something if I have any luck, but for now any further help would be awesome!
    02-12-08 10:20 PM
    I've always thought it had something to do with the transfer I did from my BB Pearl. I traded up from the Pearl and restored the Phone Book to my Curve. That sent it for a loop and it's never been working right since. Wonder if you had the same thing happen? Maybe an upgrade on the OS to the latest release?
    02-13-08 06:41 AM
    id up grade. most curves didnt ship with 4.2.2.180
    02-13-08 07:01 AM
    180 is the version I have. Just wondering if I need 184?
    02-13-08 07:41 AM
    I am running TMobile with the Linksys WRT54G. The only real problem I have is a dropped call now and then.
    02-13-08 09:16 AM
    Did you have to set the router to prioritize the Curve? I'm wondering if that's my issue?
    02-13-08 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD