I upgraded from 592 to 618 using Hutchinson. It installed alright but now my problem is whenever I connect to wifi (which is successful) then I click the BB Application World, it says that I am not connected to network so I cannot ope BB Application, Facebook, etc. But I am able to connect using the Browser. Anyone has a similar problem?
    By the way, I tried reloading the OS, the BB appplication World, even rebooting the curve 8900 more than twice. Still the same happens.
    06-01-10 03:16 AM
    I would recommend, if the issue had not been fixed, going back to the .592 coz I've read that the .681 ( I think you meant .681 ) had problems/bugs with the leaked version.

Some say that the official release is Solid and some say that it still has Bugs. So, I believe that it still has bugs.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 06-04-10 at 12:14 PM.
    06-01-10 07:35 AM
    WiFi has been dodgy with the 8900 since forever. Of course, YMMV, so it's not going to happen to absolutely everybody.

Wifi connected, but icon is gray? Takes some juggling. Establish an EDGE data session, then enable Wifi, connect, wait, and it should go through.
    06-01-10 12:41 PM
    Try looking for and disable a feature called WMM (Wireless MultiMedia) on your router if emabled. . Helped me when the darn thing wouldn't associate!
    06-03-10 01:15 AM
    Wifi icon is grey eversince. What do i do?
    06-03-10 09:32 PM
    my problem is whenever I connect to wifi (which is successful)
    Wifi icon is grey eversince
    A grey wi-fi icon doesn't mean that you are connected to the wi-fi. It means that your wi-fi is switched on.

Try going back to your previous OS if this issue is not solved
    06-04-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD