Does wifi calling go against minutes used on the phone bill? An answer will be appreciated.
    06-16-10 10:17 PM
    06-17-10 09:05 AM
    I'm thinking your calls don't go over wifi, if that is the case your minutes are being used.
    06-17-10 09:11 AM
    Does riding the bus result in your car running out of gas?
    06-17-10 11:56 AM
    Does a noob ? require a pissy response?
    06-19-10 10:47 PM
    Never listen to a man with a number in his name.
    06-20-10 01:05 AM
    Particularly one asking a question you don't want to answer. Why be constructive/instructive when you can be derisive, it's so much easier and uses less brain power, which we all know is better used for, you know, clever retorts and put-downs aimed at someone who isn't quite up to speed on the same subjects you are, and so much more deserving of whatever you hurl their way.
    06-20-10 11:27 PM
    Does wifi calling go against minutes used on the phone bill? An answer will be appreciated.
    Yes, it counts against the minutes in your account. So, what is the advantage? I can think of two:
    (a) Wifi (UMA) may provide a better reception
    (b) Free calls (to home country) if you are abroad (even though it counts toward your minutes).
    06-21-10 03:47 PM
    I have T-mobile and the minutes don't count if you have unlimited hot spot calling. It's 9.99 a month for the family group. According to T-mobile you are required to have unlimited hot spot calling to be able to make Wi-fi calls.UMA.
    06-21-10 05:40 PM
    No, you don't have to have the $9.99/month feature to USE Wi-Fi calling, if the phone has Wi-Fi, you can use it wherever it's available. $9.99/month allows you to use it as much as you want without using minutes. I had the feature for a few months, but dropped it because I'm never close to going over even without it. I still get UMA on most Wi-Fi connections around town.
    06-22-10 12:04 AM
    I have T-mobile and the minutes don't count if you have unlimited hot spot calling. It's 9.99 a month for the family group. According to T-mobile you are required to have unlimited hot spot calling to be able to make Wi-fi calls.UMA.
    First, you don't need to have unlimited hot spot calling (as indicated by Bigbob417) to be able to call over wifi (UMA). Second, whether it counts toward your minutes is irrelevant when you have UNLIMITED calling. (Unlimited = without limit).
    06-22-10 12:47 AM
    I saw on the T-Mobile site that there is a little section on Wi-Fi calling. No mention of Unlimited HotSpot calls - just says you need a capable phone and a router and internet. This is a newer section of the site too.

I use UMA all the time when I'm at home. I have an unlimited plan so no worries about minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD