I've tried to download Yahoo Messenger, Facebook and MySpace to my new BlackBerry Curve 8900. There are no special icons for the Facebook and MySpace, but at least they show up in a folder called Downloads. Is that how it's supposed to be? On my old Pearl, any application I would download would add an icon to click on. I can't get Yahoo Messenger to download at all and I've tried several ways of doing it, including the Application World thing. This is a much more difficult phone to work with than any other and earlier my emails were acting up and a T-Mobile tech had to reset my books, or something like that. I've tried pulling the battery and that hasn't helped anything. I just want to be able to relax and use it. Do I need to change some setttings or what? What is Yahoo Messenger supposed to look like on the new Curve, does it have a yellow smiley face icon? I'm about ready to have a coronary!
    08-20-09 07:35 PM
    go to yahoo on you pc, send yourself a link to install yahoo messenger to your 8900. it will install and there will be a little yellow smile with a purple Y. when you are on it will show colors and not on no colors..or go to BB app store or i think even here and send yourself yahoo messenger..it should work!!
    08-20-09 08:00 PM
    And once you install Yahoo Messenger , look in the "IM" folder for it. Not the download folder. It will be in IM.

Also, anything in your download folder can be brought to the main screen by moving the trackball over it, hitting the Blackberry button, select the "move to folder" option, and then choose "Home".

I came from a Pearl too. It is confusing at first. Not really because the 8900 is so new, but more because the OS is new. Now I love 4.6 for its simplicity. Was playing with a friends 4.5 the other day and hated it! LOL. Stick with it and you'll love it.
    08-20-09 09:32 PM
    im having issues with all messengers , dont know whats up .. is it an OS issue?
    08-21-09 01:11 AM
    Sounds like the both of you might be missing a BB data plan
    08-21-09 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD